26,222 for Tuesday

iVillage Member
26,222 for Tuesday
Tue, 04-22-2014 - 10:35am

1.  The first flavor of ice cream you can remember tasting.

2.  The names of your first two pets.

3.  The architectural style (as close as you can; if the best  you can do is "farm house" that's fine :D ) of your first three homes as an adult.  (Rental is okay; you just  have to have lived there)

4.  Put your music playlist on random; name the first four songs on the list.

5. The 6 coolest cars you (or your parents while you were kids) owned.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2014 - 2:24pm

LOVE that car.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2014 - 2:53pm

grapthars_hammer wrote:
<p>1.  The first flavor of ice cream you can remember tasting.</p><p>2.  The names of your first two pets.</p><p>3.  The architectural style (as close as you can; if the best  you can do is "farm house" that's fine :D ) of your first three homes as an adult.  (Rental is okay; you just  have to have lived there)</p><p>4.  Put your music playlist on random; name the first four songs on the list.</p><p>5. The 6 coolest cars you (or your parents while you were kids) owned.</p>
"

1)  I don't remember the first flavor of ice cream I tasted, only that the good stuff came from the ice cream man.  I loved those drumsticks and orange creamsicles.   2) A collie named Lassie (of course) and my grandparents, who lived down the street, had a cocker spaniel named Dutch.   3) A bungalow in southern California, a redwood sided condominium, and a ranch with Asian overtones   4) Far from the Home I Love" from Fiddler on the Roof, "City of New Orleans," Willie Nelson, "Waltz Across Texas" (Ernest Tubb) and "Winds of the Old Days"  (Joan Baez)    5)  We don't do "cool cars."  My favorite car is the one I'm driving now, a Ford Escape Hybrid.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2014 - 3:20pm

1.  The first flavor of ice cream you can remember tasting. Proably chocolate.

2.  The names of your first two pets.  Tassie, a St. Bernard, Cupcake a cat

3.  The architectural style (as close as you can; if the best  you can do is "farm house" that's fine :D ) of your first three homes as an adult.  (Rental is okay; you just  have to have lived there)  Apartment building, ranch tri-plex, log cabin (it was so cute)

4.  Put your music playlist on random; name the first four songs on the list.  Money for Nothing (Dire Straits), You Are the Sunshine of My Life (Stevie Wonder), The Edge of Glory (Lady Gaga), Back in Time (Pitbull).

5. The 6 coolest cars you (or your parents while you were kids) owned. Red Renault Fuego was one I owned.  My dad had a red 66 Mustang, only cool car he ever had.  Some idiots stole it from the parking lot where he worked and trashed it--sliced up the seats and interior etc.  He got rid of it after that.  We also had a yellow jeep CJ5.  The top came off and we used to ride around with it off in the summer.  A couple times took it out on the sand dunes of Lake Michigan.

Attachment: 

“Clearly," said Arthur,"you're an idiot- but you're our kind of idiot. Come on.” 
― Markus ZusakThe Book Thief

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2014 - 4:28pm

Molly just reminded me that I misspoke earlier.  Between the first cat and the set of kittens, we had two goldfish:  Gomer and Sgt. Carter.  :)  I was 2 or 3, making it 1965-66.  My daddy was a Marine.  If you try hard enough, it starts to make sense eventually.  :P

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2014 - 5:31pm

grapthars_hammer wrote:
<p>1.  The first flavor of ice cream you can remember tasting.</p><p>2.  The names of your first two pets.</p><p>3.  The architectural style (as close as you can; if the best  you can do is "farm house" that's fine :D ) of your first three homes as an adult.  (Rental is okay; you just  have to have lived there)</p><p>4.  Put your music playlist on random; name the first four songs on the list.</p><p>5. The 6 coolest cars you (or your parents while you were kids) owned.</p>

1. Do not remember.  Probably neapolitan because that is what my parents usually bought.

2. Rags and Pierre

3.  Ranch (my parents house), barracks, barracks. 

4.  Too lazy to go get my i-pod

5. I do not think that any car that either I or my parentsowned would fit the catagory of cool.  

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2014 - 5:39pm

grapthars_hammer wrote:

Rocky road.  FIRST two pets were a gerbil and goldfish, I don't remember their names.  Early homes were yellow stone/red brick apartment homes, First housed more than 100 apartments, second and third were duplexes.  No playlist , But I love a lot of Bruno Mars, Christian and All of Me - DDs principal sang this at their school talent show the other week, Lol, Looove that song!  6 ???  Dad drove cars to death, We have great memories and laugh a lot about his nova, My first car was a pretty modest one too, Volvos rule now.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2014 - 2:14pm

1. Spumoni, although I must have tried other flavors before that. In any case, I thought it was delicious.

2. Spot (such an original name for a Beagle) and Feather (a stray cat we took in)

3. Federal, hideous mishmash, Federal again

4. I don't own an iPod.

5. Never thought it was cool, but my mom owned a Gran Torino. I learned to drive on that thing. It was massive. My dad always had station wagons. We're still not car people. DH owns a bottom of the line manual Camry; I own a top of the line Sienna. My next car will likely be a hybrid of some sort, as soon as I don't need a minivan anymore.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2014 - 3:34pm

1. Chocolate. Do they make other kinds?

2. Busby and McDuff

3. Apartment; Ranch

4. Aneurysm (Nirvana), Well Thought Out Twinkles (The Silversun Pickups), Lies (CHVRCHES), Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (The White Stripes), Hash Pipe (Weezer), Say it Ain't So (Weezer)

5. At various points of my childhood, my parents owned a tow truck, a backhoe, an Olds 442, and a 1955 Chevy (red and white, with chrome accents and tail fins...) I started to drive about the same time my dad started his used car lot, so I traded in cars frequently. My favorites: a Chrysler convertible and Camaro Z28. My favorite from adulthood is the Audi that I currently drive to school. Turbo is an awesome option!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2014 - 12:14am

Your parents' tow truck and backhoe reminded me of car shopping when Joel was 4.  I visited a rural dealership that had a dump truck parked in the back.  Joel threw a fit when I told him that no, we were NOT going to buy a dump truck.  

I ended up buying a Nissan Sentra.  He finally came to terms with it, but it took a while.  ;)

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2014 - 12:52pm

just_another_marla wrote:
<p>1. Chocolate. Do they make other kinds?</p><p>2. Busby and McDuff</p><p>3. Apartment; Ranch</p><p>4. Aneurysm (Nirvana), Well Thought Out Twinkles (The Silversun Pickups), Lies (CHVRCHES), Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (The White Stripes), Hash Pipe (Weezer), Say it Ain't So (Weezer)</p><p>5. At various points of my childhood, my parents owned a tow truck, a backhoe, an Olds 442, and a 1955 Chevy (red and white, with chrome accents and tail fins...) I started to drive about the same time my dad started his used car lot, so I traded in cars frequently. My favorites: a Chrysler convertible and Camaro Z28. My favorite from adulthood is the Audi that I currently drive to school. Turbo is an awesome option!</p>

No there is no other flavor--chocolate of some kind.  My 2 favorite ice cream places are in Jackson & Ludington. : )

“Clearly," said Arthur,"you're an idiot- but you're our kind of idiot. Come on.” 
― Markus ZusakThe Book Thief