26,222 for Tuesday

iVillage Member
26,222 for Tuesday
Tue, 04-22-2014 - 10:35am

1.  The first flavor of ice cream you can remember tasting.

2.  The names of your first two pets.

3.  The architectural style (as close as you can; if the best  you can do is "farm house" that's fine :D ) of your first three homes as an adult.  (Rental is okay; you just  have to have lived there)

4.  Put your music playlist on random; name the first four songs on the list.

5. The 6 coolest cars you (or your parents while you were kids) owned.

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2014 - 12:04pm

1.  The first flavor of ice cream you can remember tasting.

Orange sherbet.  Does sherbet count?  I think butter brickle was the first actual ice cream.

2.  The names of your first two pets.

I'm gonna have to give you three.  The first was a white kitten named Benjamin, who I don't remember because he died when I was a baby.  When I was about 3, we got two kittens (hence you getting three) named Jonathan and Christopher.  Both were brown tabbies but Jonathan had quite a bit of white.  After that, approximately 26,222 cats (see what I did there?) followed as well as two Irish Setters.  

3.  The architectural style (as close as you can; if the best  you can do is "farm house" that's fine :D ) of your first three homes as an adult.  (Rental is okay; you just  have to have lived there)

1.  A Fan (it's a Richmond thing) apartment.  2. Another Fan apartment.  3. A Fan brownstone that had been converted into apartments.  That one has since been renovated back into a single-family, 7 BR 5BA, 5,109 SF dwelling.  I'd love to see inside it now.  

4.  Put your music playlist on random; name the first four songs on the list.

I don't have a playlist.

5. The 6 coolest cars you (or your parents while you were kids) owned.

Neither my parents nor I are really known for driving cool cars.  Not sure how cool it was, but my favorite of mine was my first car, a 1978 Fiat 131.  It's probably more fun from a nostalgic standpoint (considering that there are very few of them left) than it was then.  :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2014 - 11:58am

grapthars_hammer wrote:
<p>1.  The first flavor of ice cream you can remember tasting.</p><p>2.  The names of your first two pets.</p><p>3.  The architectural style (as close as you can; if the best  you can do is "farm house" that's fine :D ) of your first three homes as an adult.  (Rental is okay; you just  have to have lived there)</p><p>4.  Put your music playlist on random; name the first four songs on the list.</p><p>5. The 6 coolest cars you (or your parents while you were kids) owned.</p>

1.  Chocolate something.

2.  Trixie and Chipper.

3.  Ranch, and I'm not sure of the current, maybe Spanish.

4.  Ipod's in the car.  :)  But I'm sure that Billy Joel and Jimmy Buffet would come up quickly.

5.  Buick convertible (big boat and a fun car!), a couple of little german convertibles/sports cars, mercedes convertible, chrysler convertible...and in a couple of years, I'm trading in the mini van for another convertible!

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2014 - 11:43am

1.  The first flavor of ice cream you can remember tasting. -- Vanilla. My grandpa's homemade. It was the best.

2.  The names of your first two pets. -- That I remember ... Puff (gray persian cat) and Charlie (Irish Setter)

3.  The architectural style (as close as you can; if the best  you can do is "farm house" that's fine :D ) of your first three homes as an adult.  (Rental is okay; you just  have to have lived there) -- Hmm, colonial, southwest, and ranch.   

4.  Put your music playlist on random; name the first four songs on the list. -- Donna Summer, I Feel Love, from the American Hustle soundtrack; Jimmy Buffet (with Clint Black), Conky Tonkin', from License to Chill; Lyle Lovett, If I Were the Man You Wanted, from his self-titled album ; Lyle Lovett, Big Dog, from My Baby Don't Tolerate

5. The 6 coolest cars you (or your parents while you were kids) owned. -- Well, being the hippies they are/were, we had a Volkswagon Vanagon and a Volkswagon Bug when I was a kid. Those were cool.   My sister and I, for a very short while, owned a Volkswagon Bug as well - it was cherry red and beautiful. Alas, it was a piece of crap.  I don't know if we had anything else "cool", although my RAV4 was pretty snazzy when it was new.   That's what? Four?  Add in my Subaru Legacy Wagon (because it was bought new) and dh's Toyota Camry (again, bought new).  However, my NEXT car *will be* a two-seater convertible. When The Boy gets his license in two years, he'll inherit my RAV 4 and I'll buy my long-dreamed-for-and-drooled-over two-seater.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2014 - 10:48am

1. Strawberry. 

2.  Cinnamon (a german shepherd). and MagnifiCat (aka Maggie) (a brown tabby).

3. Split foyer (aka raised ranch in some markets).  This was the house I was living in in high school, but I turned 18 the December before I graduated.  Then barracks (at Ft. Dix, NJ) and barracks (at the Presidio of Monterey, CA).

4.  Mike Posner, Cooler Than Me; Kathy Mattea, Love Travels; Andy Grammer, Keep your Head Up; Beethovens 2nd Piano Concerto in B-Flat Major (Nurnberg Symphony Orchestra.

5.  Hmmm....In no particular order, Renault LeCar; BMW 1501; Lada (Russion version of the Fiat 124); Volkswagon Beetle, 3speed "automatic" (which meant it you still had to change gears with a gearshift, but you didn't need a clutch pedal--THAT took some getting used to); AMC Rambler;  Red VW Beetle--true manual transmission.  The red bug was my dad's car.

Pages