Are you on time? Are your kids?

Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Are you on time? Are your kids?
361
Mon, 04-22-2013 - 5:49pm

Do you arrive for work, doctor appointments, social events, etc on time?  What events (if any) warrant being early for?  Is there anything you purposely show up late for?  Explain. 

How about your kids? 

 

 

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 1:46pm

But you said it was because you were more social than others who didn't stay, why does it now depend on the type of party and where?  And why if you do this because you are more social, why stop when the kid gets older, are you less social then?

Social in that fact that I am friends with the other parents. Not sure why that is so odd. When they get older, the kids stay home and we go out to the bars and restaurants lol. 

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 1:48pm

And sticking around after age 5 is NOT the societal norm.

In certain circles, which we have established already. Not sure why you believe your way is right. I have never said it was wrong NOT to stay. 

Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 1:54pm
What other etiquette do you follow? Curious.

 


 


iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 1:55pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<p>Yes, you are on time. Never casually late, a term you never even knew existed until this thread :)</p>

Well no, that's not what I said, why bother asking if you aren't going to read the answers?

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 1:55pm

Jam-didn't know we had to follow etiquette for a child's bday party. lol. Must be some stuffy circles that some are in. 

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 1:56pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">No, You're supposed to believe that b/c they don't stick around you shouldn't either, Lol.  The world really is bigger htan this.   </span></p><p><span style="font-size:small"><strong><span style="text-align:left">lol. Again, I never understood the big deal about this. It is a normal thing in my circles, for both kids so not just saying one circle of people but many from different areas, schools, etc. </span></strong></span></p>

So why is it a big deal that others don't?  Why say things like, I guess my group is just more social or some other judgemental nonsense.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 1:59pm

I try to be anywhere from 5-15 minutes early for work and appointments and on time for social engagements unless there is a specific hard starting time (play, game, movie etc) then I am 5-15 minutes early.  I can't think of when it's okay to be late.

Yes, you are 5-15 mins EARLY for work and appointments and ON TIME for social engagements unless there is a specific hard starting time (play, game, movie etc), then you are 5-15 minutes EARLY. "I can't think of when it's okay to be late."

springfever2013 wrote:
<p>Yes, you are on time. Never casually late, a term you never even knew existed until this thread :)</p>

Well no, that's not what I said, why bother asking if you aren't going to read the answers?

So now you know what casually late means? And when in any of these scenarios would you consider yourself casually late when you have CLEARLY stated you are either EARLY or ON TIME?


iVillage Member
Registered: 02-20-2013
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 2:03pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<p>Jam-didn't know we had to follow etiquette for a child's bday party. lol. Must be some stuffy circles that some are in. </p>

Uh--following etiquette means using manners. Nothing stuffy about that. I try to do that all the time. I'm not surprised that you and Jambles don't though...

On Wednesdays we wear pink.

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 2:04pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
<p>You are wrong to assume that moms sticking around for kids' parties means they're crashing them. The objection is also that sticking around is some rude intrusion b/c moms aren't formally invited, Nonsense too.</p>

IME, it would be because it is a party for kids and attending a party where one is not invited is rude, period.  What is nonsense is dropping this subject into a debate where it isn't relevant for agenda, clearly it bothers the person introducing the subject out the blue.

 

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 2:06pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
The last time I dropped DS off at a party was a couple months ago when we last talked about this on this board, Lol. I was the only mom who had to go b/c I had to be somewhere else but that was a 10th bd party. These swipes about how rude and awful sticking around is are really funny.

But is it any funnier than introducing the topic when it's not relevant?  Nope, don't think so.  ;)

PumpkinAngel

Pages