Black Friday

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-26-2013
Black Friday
876
Fri, 11-29-2013 - 12:24pm

1. Did you do any shopping yesterday or today?

2. Do you have any leftovers? What is your favorite?

3. Do you have a budget for holiday gifts?

Pages

Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Wed, 12-04-2013 - 5:11pm

bordwithyou wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">jamblessedthree</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;Vicious people bring up what bord..  What exactly is it you're trying to pull me under the bus about?  And if debates and debates get distorted then perhaps you have some clarifying to do to reconcile what gets said.  There are no lies than the ones you make up in your own head b/c you have nothing to defend or counter. &lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>You are the one who brought up SavCal's unfortunate situation with the contractor for no apparent reason, and continue to repeat an untrue account of what happened.</p>

What was brought up for no apparent reason?  History of old posts or old posters?  Are you sure you want to even go there bord....  I mean the history of a poster - for no apparent reason is always brought up but it's not fair game to bring up old posts that contradict what you and others write about now?  That's a wicked conclusion you're making there, Lol. 

How old are you? 

 

 

Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Wed, 12-04-2013 - 5:02pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
You were gullible, How can you even learn from those experiences if you can't admit you did anything wrong? Curious...

I wasn't gullible. I did everything I should have done in hiring the contractor.  What I did wrong - and have said many times - is that I didn't pursue legal action soon enough.  My trust in him as a contractor at the time I hired him was not misplaced. My trust that he would eventually come back and finish the job was misplaced - and that caused me to not take legal action until it was too late. 

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Wed, 12-04-2013 - 5:00pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">savcal2011</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&gt;&lt;div class="quote-author"&gt;&lt;em class="placeholder"&gt;jamblessedthree&lt;/em&gt; wrote:&lt;/div&gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&amp;gt;&amp;lt;div class="quote-author"&amp;gt;&amp;lt;em class="placeholder"&amp;gt;bordwithyou&amp;lt;/em&amp;gt; wrote:&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;You were urging SavCal to move on, JamBlessed, it's right on the page. And she hadn't made any "continuing financial mistakes." That is the kind of fabrication called a "lie." Your obvious hatred of SavCal has moved you to make up lies about her. That's not a good sign.&amp;lt;/blockquote&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Lies and hatred, wow, strong words there with hardly a backbone to support them with.  I read what's written on this board and debate accordingly.  You do not, admit that. &amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Lies is not too strong of a word - this board has been littered with them.  &lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>Lies, calling someone a liar is ugly and it's a cop out, because you can't admit your wrongs. </p>

Oh no .. .there have been lies.  And I have done things wrong before.  But the two things aren't related.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Wed, 12-04-2013 - 4:48pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
You were gullible, How can you even learn from those experiences if you can't admit you did anything wrong? Curious...

What do you think she did that was wrong, Jambles?

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Wed, 12-04-2013 - 4:47pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">savcal2011</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&gt;&lt;div class="quote-author"&gt;&lt;em class="placeholder"&gt;jamblessedthree&lt;/em&gt; wrote:&lt;/div&gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&amp;gt;&amp;lt;div class="quote-author"&amp;gt;&amp;lt;em class="placeholder"&amp;gt;bordwithyou&amp;lt;/em&amp;gt; wrote:&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;You were urging SavCal to move on, JamBlessed, it's right on the page. And she hadn't made any "continuing financial mistakes." That is the kind of fabrication called a "lie." Your obvious hatred of SavCal has moved you to make up lies about her. That's not a good sign.&amp;lt;/blockquote&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Lies and hatred, wow, strong words there with hardly a backbone to support them with.  I read what's written on this board and debate accordingly.  You do not, admit that. &amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Lies is not too strong of a word - this board has been littered with them.  &lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>Lies, calling someone a liar is ugly and it's a cop out, because you can't admit your wrongs. </p>

Of course it's ugly to call someone a liar, but it's also ugly to continue to throw someone's mistakes in her face for years on end, and then to talk about "continuing financial mistakes" that do not exist, then to urge her to "move on," when you are the one who will not let her do so, then to lie and say that you did not urge her to move on.  If you lie, someone will notice.  It is a lie when you say that you did not urge SavCal to "move on" this morning.

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Wed, 12-04-2013 - 4:44pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
<p>Vicious people bring up what bord..  What exactly is it you're trying to pull me under the bus about?  And if debates and debates get distorted then perhaps you have some clarifying to do to reconcile what gets said.  There are no lies than the ones you make up in your own head b/c you have nothing to defend or counter. </p>

You are the one who brought up SavCal's unfortunate situation with the contractor for no apparent reason, and continue to repeat an untrue account of what happened.

Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Wed, 12-04-2013 - 4:42pm

I don't think your company is that small either turkey, There is that to consider...

 

 

 

Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Wed, 12-04-2013 - 4:33pm

I'v elived in many places and in many homes, always always paid contractors for jobs - big and small. I've never been duped like savcal can't even admit to, But my experiences are different than hers, We've never had a patio done, Lol. 

 

 

Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Wed, 12-04-2013 - 4:29pm

turkeyday wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">I gave the conractor a down payment before he began work. I gave him a second installment after he'd completed the first phase of the project.   I never gave him the third installment because he didn't finish the work. </span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Again, I'm not going to give you specific dollar amounts.  </span></p><p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left"></span><strong>Oh, I figured you wouldn't but I do know how much you said you lost and it was a lot for the job you said they were going to do. </strong><br /><br /><br /></p>

I think my dad is gullible in some ways, the last big project he had done to his house was the roof and he dropped $30,000.00 easy for it.  My brother was telling me that the job was done in a crappy way and that he had to come out two or three times to correct stuff even after the job was done.  That's a lot of money if the job wasn't done right the first time. 

 

 

Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Wed, 12-04-2013 - 4:26pm
You were gullible, How can you even learn from those experiences if you can't admit you did anything wrong? Curious...

 

 

Pages