Certainly you know them...

iVillage Member
Certainly you know them...
Sun, 11-10-2013 - 6:53am

People that wake up everyday to sunshine regardless of the actual weather, whose lives look peachy perfect b/c of their demeanor, whose energies and smiles motivate you or make you want to strangle them... 

Or do you? 

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-20-2013 - 3:32pm

bordwithyou wrote:
I absolutely can not believe the nastiness and venom displayed on this thread. What in heaven's name has SavCal ever done to provoke this level of animosity? It really isn't healthy to be THIS invested in the sources of someone else's income, or her spending habits, to the point of working yourselves into a frenzy of accusing her of criminal activity? Lord Have Mercy!

It's all right here in the OP:

Quote:
People that wake up everyday to sunshine regardless of the actual weather, whose lives look peachy perfect b/c of their demeanor, whose energies and smiles motivate you or make you want to strangle them...

The posters are simply asserting their sunny dispositions. 

Duh. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-20-2013 - 3:36pm

I'll take a box of dry Merlot over a bottle of Sutter Home white zin any day of the week. 

Can I get an amen?

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-20-2013 - 3:40pm

falllfloowers wrote:
<p>Do you really have no idea what it is that you do that sometimes brings out the worst in other people?</p><p><strong>You (in general) can't blame your reactions on the actions of someone else.</strong></p>

Isn't that the defense/blame you are using for your actions/comments here?  

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-20-2013 - 3:42pm

just_another_marla wrote:
<p>I'll take a box of dry Merlot over a bottle of Sutter Home white zin any day of the week. </p><p>Can I get an amen?</p>

Good point, the only box wine that I have really noticed is the super sweet white zin type stuff, way too sweet for me and not worth any amount of money, imo.  Now a big hearty deep red zin?  Amen on that one.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-20-2013 - 3:47pm

falllfloowers wrote:
<p>Giving information about myself is not giving one permission to call me a liar, cheat, tax fraud, and many of the other things that have been said about me in this thread.</p><p><strong>Were these actual words used? Not by myself they were not. </strong></p><p><strong>Again, info was put out on the board that I did not volunteer. You have volunteered all this info and more over the years. No need to get upset when it comes back to y</strong>ou.</p>

I think you are missing the point here.  No one is upset when past information comes back (well there was one poster who was upset when I mentioned the state of Florida and family), when what is repeated is true and factual.  Problem is there is very little truth and/or facts in this "past information".  They were made up comments and spin then, they are still made up comments and spin threads later.   

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-20-2013 - 3:47pm

<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">bordwithyou</em> wrote:</div>I absolutely can not believe the nastiness and venom displayed on this thread. What in heaven's name has SavCal ever done to provoke this level of animosity? It really isn't healthy to be THIS invested in the sources of someone else's income, or her spending habits, to the point of working yourselves into a frenzy of accusing her of criminal activity? Lord Have Mercy!</blockquote></p><p>It's all right here in the OP:</p><p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author">Quote:</div><span style="font-size:13px">People that wake up everyday to sunshine regardless of the actual weather, whose lives look peachy perfect b/c of their demeanor, whose energies and smiles motivate you or make you want to strangle them... </blockquote></span></p><p><span style="font-size:13px">The posters are simply asserting their sunny dispositions. </span></p><p><span style="font-size:13px"><br /></span></p><p><span style="font-size:13px">Duh. </span></p>

Perhaps there is some alternative definition for sunny? 

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-20-2013 - 3:48pm

I think the Black Box reds--both the Merlot and Cab Sav are totally drinkable. Non-oaked, of course, but far better than what you're going to get in those little single-serving bottles that a lot of bars serve. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-20-2013 - 3:52pm

I think you are missing the point here.  No one is upset when past information comes back (well there was one poster who was upset when I mentioned the state of Florida and family), when what is repeated is true and factual.  Problem is there is very little truth and/or facts in this "past information".  They were made up comments and spin then, they are still made up comments and spin threads later. 

Well that poster was upset because the information was not correct. It was not something that was volunteered in the past and brought up again. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-20-2013 - 4:03pm

<p>I think the Black Box reds--both the Merlot and Cab Sav are totally drinkable. Non-oaked, of course, but far better than what you're going to get in those little single-serving bottles that a lot of bars serve. </p>

I agree, non oaked.  

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-20-2013 - 4:09pm

falllfloowers wrote:
<p>Do you really have no idea what it is that you do that sometimes brings out the worst in other people?</p><p><strong>You (in general) can't blame your reactions on the actions of someone else.</strong></p>

OK, so you don't REALLY want to know what it is you do to provoke people?  I'm confused.  Isn't that what you asked?