Certainly you know them...

iVillage Member
Certainly you know them...
Sun, 11-10-2013 - 6:53am

People that wake up everyday to sunshine regardless of the actual weather, whose lives look peachy perfect b/c of their demeanor, whose energies and smiles motivate you or make you want to strangle them... 

Or do you? 

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-10-2013 - 7:57am

Of course most people don't talk about the hard things in their lives with casual acquaintances. No one has any idea what others are going through, or have gone through, really. I never assume anyone has a perfect or easy life. That's fairy tale stuff, not reality.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-10-2013 - 7:39am

My mother was like this.  I know others too obviously b/c I've shared similar stories before... 

But most recently there was a woman I met at a church meeting like this, She enters always with a warm smile on her face.  I used to think she has no idea what others are experiencing b/c she pushes the hard away and doesn't talk about that, The more I got to know her the more unraveled her less than perfect life became.  It's not really about the situations but how we approach them and deal that she and people like that teach me. 

Just my thoughts.