How does it break down in your household?
my wife cooks b/c I hate it, we care equally for the cats, we both drive the girl to her various activities although I do the school drive in the morning, I tend to be in charge of trash, she handles most major cleaning although for some reason I am in charge of toilet cleaning.. don't ask me why... we both handle the laundry and the girl does her own laundry. The girl is also incharge of clearing the table every night, and I load the dishwasher and do dishes. I loathe unloading the dishwasher so my wife usually does that.. and she hates taking the trash out to the curb so I usually do that..
I do the bulk of the household chores: cleaning, cooking, shopping, laundry, scheduling, etc. The kids and DH contribute in the sense of cleaning up after themselves and being decent human beings--he'll unload the dishwasher if he's up before me and it needs to be done. Or fold the laundry in the dryer if he's washing his hobby-related stuff.
The kids pick up after themselves, make their beds, put their laundry away, etc. DS is learning to cook, (closely supervised) and DD can operate the toaster herself. :)
On Wednesdays we wear pink.
I do the day to day finances, bill paying, balancing checkbook. DH handles long term investments.
I am for the most part the family shopper unless it concerns electronics which is DH forte. He will pick up a few items from a grocery store but does not do major shopping trips.
He takes the trash cans to the curb for trash day. I usually put the trash cans back.
He does most of the outdoor stuff. I will occasionally mow the front yard or some other chores.
Routine maintenance on the vehicles (like getting the old changed, inspections) is done by whoever drive that vehicle the most.
Dishes probably come in around 50/50 with me maybe slightly higher. Routine cleaning, sweeping mopping picking up, bathrooms etc, done by both but again a bit more by me.
Friday evening is laundry day and is usually started by who ever gets home from work first then done by both. Overall it probably balances out to about 50/50 but some weeks it may be entirely done by one, other weeks more evenly shared.
Home maintenance/repairs almost entirely falls in DH court although we are hiring out more of that.
We take care of our own breakfast and lunch. Evenings meals are cooked by me about 80% of the time, the other 20% we either eat out, fend for ourselves or he cooks.
DH takes the kids to school and picks them up most days. He also does all of the cooking and grocery shopping. I do all of the cleaning, dishes, laundry, and outside stuff (mowing the grass, gardening, etc.) I do the bills and budgeting. We renegotiate periodically, but this is working for us right now.