End of School Year Fluff

iVillage Member
End of School Year Fluff
Tue, 06-11-2013 - 10:12am

1.  Do your kids go to school on the last day of school?

2.  Do you throw (or let them throw) an end of year party for their friends?

3.  How many *graduation ceremonies* will/have your children experienced in their life time?

Ducky

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:29am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">"Do you see many women over the age of 20 exposing their midriff (minus bathing suits) in public?" ---------- No, thankfully not, since most women over 20 have better sense, which was pretty much my whole point from the get-go.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">So why even mention it if NO ONE seems to have seen shirts like this on "older" women? </span></strong></p>

Because you've stated repeatedly on this thread that older women can wear the same stuff as younger women. I used crop tops as an example of why you're wrong about that...it's nice to see you agree that you were wrong!

On Wednesdays we wear pink.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:29am

There was a Benetton near the hotel where I stayed in DC, so they are still around in the US.

Just looked it up and there are no stores close enough to me. That is probably why I haven't seen them since I was in h.s.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:31am
This is getting tiresome, Spring. I saw them on the screen part of the computer.
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:31am

I am grateful that my DH's tastes are classic. He would not be caught dead in a Tommy Bahama button down. 

You can't have a bunch of different tastes and different clothes? You can only dress one way? My hubby LOVES the hawaiian shirts for vacation. They are fun. He doesn't wear them to work or other places that they wouldn't look right at. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:32am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">You are the rudeness police now? I think Spring has gone well past rude into the downright nasty with comments on Bord's appearance (who, BTW, looks fabulous). IIRC, Bord merely commented that Spring appears to be slightly over her stated weight, and we all know pictures can add on the lbs.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">I have stated how much I weigh? Can you please quote that as I don't remember giving a number. </span></strong></p>

You said a while ago that you wanted to get in the 130s. Which means you're at least 140.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:36am
I think they choose the locations of their stores very carefully.
iVillage Member
Jambles, I didn't say Spring didn't look good in her pictures. I said she looked like she was more than five pounds over her ideal weight. I think we can all agree that beauty comes in all sizes.
iVillage Member

Because you've stated repeatedly on this thread that older women can wear the same stuff as younger women.I used crop tops as an example of why you're wrong about that...it's nice to see you agree that you were wrong!

So you used an example that you have NEVER seen anyone wear? If you READ my posts again, you will see I said APPROPRIATE things and I DID state certain things like short shorts (I used an example as this is what the younger crowd IME wears). I never ONCE said midriff shirts (which IME I have not seen these and my own teen would never wear something like that). 

It seems you decided to go the most extreme to try and prove your point that 40 years old should not wear something without knowing the facts if anyone has even ever SEEN someone dress like that and I know you have younger kids and you are not too familiar with what the teens are wearing (even though you do say you hang out with older teens all the time-odd to me, but whatever) and where they shop but I can assure you that the clothes that were in Kohls the other day in the junior and women's section were pretty much the same (maybe more short shorts in the junior section that was about it).

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:40am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">I am grateful that my DH's tastes are classic. He would not be caught dead in a Tommy Bahama button down. </span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">You can't have a bunch of different tastes and different clothes? You can only dress one way? My hubby LOVES the hawaiian shirts for vacation. They are fun. He doesn't wear them to work or other places that they wouldn't look right at. </span></strong></p>

I don't think you can have a bunch of different tastes. My style tends toward classics--I have a sheath dress I've had since DS was a baby that I get compliments on every single time I wear it. I'll throw some trendy stuff in for fun seasonally, but I really gravitate toward classic styles. DH is very preppy. He wears athletic gear on weekends/coaching, but otherwise, he's in khakis & polos or a suit. He's very easy to shop for. And he actually does own one Hawaiian shirt. His mother bought it and he kept it as a joke. He hasn't actually worn it. On vacations? He wears khakis and a polo. Unless we're on the beach. Then he wears swim trunks.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:42am

This is getting tiresome, Spring. I saw them on the screen part of the computer.

I got it Bord. You stalk me. It is quite obvious Undecided

Pages