End of School Year Fluff

iVillage Member
End of School Year Fluff
Tue, 06-11-2013 - 10:12am

1.  Do your kids go to school on the last day of school?

2.  Do you throw (or let them throw) an end of year party for their friends?

3.  How many *graduation ceremonies* will/have your children experienced in their life time?

Ducky

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-18-2013 - 10:30pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="text-align:left">That was the look in the 80s....  Really?  Are there any models from then that support these looks?  I remember the flashdance, off the shoulder look from the 80s, the baggy pants look etc..  But swing skirts and crop tees?  The express was where I shopped then but my girls won't step foot in there now...  I'm surprised express is still around actually, Lol. </span></p><p><span style="text-align:left"><br /></span></p><p><span style="text-align:left">This is what I was agreeing with Jams about.</span></p>

A quick google search revealed the following photos of 80s fashion: So yeah, lots of cropped shirts. The swing skirts were there too, but not in the quantity that cropped shirts were.  Although one of my senior pics was of me in a crop top and swing-ish skirt.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-18-2013 - 10:52pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="text-align:left">That was the look in the 80s....  Really?  Are there any models from then that support these looks?  I remember the flashdance, off the shoulder look from the 80s, the baggy pants look etc..  But swing skirts and crop tees?  The express was where I shopped then but my girls won't step foot in there now...  I'm surprised express is still around actually, Lol. </span></p><p><span style="text-align:left"><br /></span></p><p><span style="text-align:left">This is what I was agreeing with Jams about.</span></p>

Per Wiki, Madonna popularized crop tops in her Lucky Star video. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_top

I love Express's jeans. I find them to be the best fitting, most comfortable jeans out there. And while your high schoolers may not be caught dead in there, that may change in a few years as my collegians shop there quite a bit. 

On Wednesdays we wear pink.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-18-2013 - 10:58pm

I had three kids in the 80's so a lot of my attire was maternity wear. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 2:11am
"But swing skirts and crop tees?" ------------ Cindy Lauper, Madonna etc
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 2:16am
Savcal, my eyes! Especially those pale mom jeans.
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 2:19am
"What if our husbands tell us we're aging well? ;) " ---------- I am aging quite well, by all accounts, not just my husband's. I still don't expose my thighs or midriff in public,
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 2:25am
"I love Express's jeans." ----------- I discovered Benetton jeans last year. They are cheap and the fit they call "regular" or some such is completely OK for old ladies like me, without being mom jeans.
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 7:23am

I love Express's jeans. I find them to be the best fitting, most comfortable jeans out there. And while your high schoolers may not be caught dead in there, that may change in a few years as my collegians shop there quite a bit. 

I personally don't think this is a popular store either (kind of like how Gap and Benetton was when I was in high school). It seems to get less volume than the other newer stores.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 7:24am

"What if our husbands tell us we're aging well? ;) " ---------- I am aging quite well, by all accounts, not just my husband's. I still don't expose my thighs or midriff in public,

Do you see many women over the age of 20 exposing their midriff (minus bathing suits) in public? 

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 7:27am

"I love Express's jeans." ----------- I discovered Benetton jeans last year. They are cheap and the fit they call "regular" or some such is completely OK for old ladies like me, without being mom jeans.

Wow. Didn't even know they were still around. At least I know the stores haven't been in the malls since I was in high school.

Pages