End of School Year Fluff

iVillage Member
End of School Year Fluff
Tue, 06-11-2013 - 10:12am

1.  Do your kids go to school on the last day of school?

2.  Do you throw (or let them throw) an end of year party for their friends?

3.  How many *graduation ceremonies* will/have your children experienced in their life time?

Ducky

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 8:18am

Ok, beverly hills 90210. Past my time. :)

lol. LOVE that show. Still watch it on Soap Net. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 8:23am

My family doesn't shop at Abercrombie because of the trashy marketing policies, nor have the boys expressed any interest in Hollister. None of gs would by caught dead with a store name flashed across our bodies, I honestly do not get why people honk it's stylish or chic to serve as a walking billboard for a store and pay good money for the privilege. My college-age son wears the Express dress shirts.

Hey, still waiting to hear where you saw pictures of me. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 8:25am

Maybe it's more personal taste and how much money you have to spend. Neither my son nor I will pay the $$$ that it costs to wear Ralph Lauren polis bought new, although my husband has one I found for 5.00 at a yard sale, brand new with tags.

You get what you pay for. I have washed RL Polo's (as well as other expensive brands) for years and they are like brand new everytime (maybe that is why your dh found one for $5). 

If you know how to shop, you NEVER pay full price and with clearance prices and coupons and discounts, you save A TON and get good quality clothes.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 8:26am

I agree the Express shirts are overpriced, but they fit the kid beautifully. He's only got three or four of the shirts, two of which I got him for Christmas a few years back.

Aren't their shirts on the higher side too?

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 8:33am
Spring, I saw pictures of you on my computer. As for the Express shirts, they often go on sale for two for seventy dollars, and that is when I bought them.
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 8:38am

Spring, I saw pictures of you on my computer.

On your computer? Where? I don't remember sending you pictures of me.

As for the Express shirts, they often go on sale for two for seventy dollars, and that is when I bought them.

Not too bad. Hubby got 2 Lacoste Polo's for $60 recently. With them being on clearance, coupon from my job, Macy's coupon they were a steal. I have gotten him polo shirts in other stores at lower prices (you know those $10 or $20/shirt sale) and they don't last as long as the more expensive brands. You have to get sales though for it to be worth it as Tommy Bahama button down shirts can run $140. Crazy. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 8:43am
I don't remember where I saw them on my computer, Spring. Either at home or in my office, most likely.
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 8:58am
It's rude to tell someone they don't look good in a picture. Even on a debate board bord. Why do you stalk her pics when you aren't even friends with her? Or doess it go back to, She started it first..........

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:01am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px">Maybe it's more personal taste and how much money you have to spend. Neither my son nor I will pay the $$$ that it costs to wear Ralph Lauren polis bought new, although my husband has one I found for 5.00 at a yard sale, brand new with tags.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px">You get what you pay for. I have washed RL Polo's (as well as other expensive brands) for years and they are like brand new everytime (maybe that is why your dh found one for $5). </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px">If you know how to shop, you NEVER pay full price and with clearance prices and coupons and discounts, you save A TON and get good quality clothes.</span></strong></p>

My husband has one or two r/l polos and I agree they withstand the test of time.  Many of his polos are basic, generic brand that he ends up using as grass cutting shirts b/c they're cheaper and don't last as long. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:08am

"I have never seen anyone out of high school wearing half shirts and especially not a 40 year old woman. "

Exactly the point we've been making. 40 yo women shouldn't dress as if they shopped in the Juniors department.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Pages