End of School Year Fluff

iVillage Member
End of School Year Fluff
Tue, 06-11-2013 - 10:12am

1.  Do your kids go to school on the last day of school?

2.  Do you throw (or let them throw) an end of year party for their friends?

3.  How many *graduation ceremonies* will/have your children experienced in their life time?

Ducky

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:42am
That may be why I can seldom find anything in Kohl's that I can actually wear. Except for their Vera Wang pj's which I absolutely love.
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:43am

You said a while ago that you wanted to get in the 130s. Which means you're at least 140.

And? How long ago was that? Do you have that quote?

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:48am

I think they choose the locations of their stores very carefully.

Looks like they are located in bigger cities now. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:50am

Spring, I serve on multiple boards in which I have the priviledge of mentoring and interacting with college students, particularly college women. Through my continued involvement with my sorority, I've developed friendships with many of these women. Some are like the little sisters I never had--they come for weekend visits, to my kids' sporting events, my kids call them "Aunt." Like women do, we tend to shop together when they visit. Which is how I know where they shop. 

So yes, while my DD is still very much Gymboree's target market, I am more well versed than most almost-forty-somethings about what is in the closets of twenty-somethings. However, I'm not at all surprised you find giving back to my alma mater and a leadership organization that means a lot to me weird. I'm sure the idea of servant leadership goes right over that head of yours....

On Wednesdays we wear pink.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:54am

I don't think you can have a bunch of different tastes. My style tends toward classics--I have a sheath dress I've had since DS was a baby that I get compliments on every single time I wear it. I'll throw some trendy stuff in for fun seasonally, but I really gravitate toward classic styles. DH is very preppy. He wears athletic gear on weekends/coaching, but otherwise, he's in khakis & polos or a suit. He's very easy to shop for. And he actually does own one Hawaiian shirt. His mother bought it and he kept it as a joke. He hasn't actually worn it. On vacations? He wears khakis and a polo. Unless we're on the beach. Then he wears swim trunks.

Oh well...people are different. I own all different types of clothes, for different types of situations. It is fun to play with clothes and try different things and not just keep with one style. I guess it depends on what type of vacation you are on but if it is a tropical one, a hawaiian shirt fits right in and it is fun. I actually saw a cute sundress the other day with palm trees and sunset on it. My dd said that would be perfect for my vacation. Not sure if I will go back and get it but that would not be something I wore to work, just for fun.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:55am

That may be why I can seldom find anything in Kohl's that I can actually wear. Except for their Vera Wang pj's which I absolutely love.

If you have more than one Kohl's, check another. They have different things in different stores. There is a HUGE selection of clothes at mine and you can find something for almost every size and taste. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:57am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">You said a while ago that you wanted to get in the 130s. Which means you're at least 140.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">And? How long ago was that? Do you have that quote?</span></strong></p>

It was a couple months ago when you were talking about your cruise and your fitness classes at work, Spring. And no, I don't have that quote. Do you want me to start screen shot-ing everything you post? IDGAF what you weigh. But if it makes you feel better, I was 103 today with 15% body fat. There, now you know how much I weigh. Better?

On Wednesdays we wear pink.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:58am

I'm sure the idea of servant leadership goes right over that head of yours....

Undecided

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 9:58am

geschichtsgal wrote:
There was a Benetton near the hotel where I stayed in DC, so they are still around in the US.

When I walked past there to pick you up for dinner, I was surprised to see it and remembered thinking I didn't know they were still around :D

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 10:00am

springfever2013 wrote:
You can't have a bunch of different tastes and different clothes? You can only dress one way? My hubby LOVES the hawaiian shirts for vacation. They are fun. He doesn't wear them to work or other places that they wouldn't look right at. </span></strong></p>

My dh is a fantastic shopper and purveyor of fashion - women's fashion. He's like my own personal shopper.  However, much to my dismay his taste in clothing for himself leaves much to be desired.  He has worn the same style of clothing for 20 years.  I did get him to upgrade from docker-style-pleated-front-denim pants to flat front jeans, and once in a while I can get him into something a little more fun (shirt-wise). His typical style of shirt is this:   It's not a bad look overall, but it's boring because it's the same thing everyday.

Although he'd never wear the sleeves rolled up.

or this:

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Pages