End of School Year Fluff

iVillage Member
End of School Year Fluff
Tue, 06-11-2013 - 10:12am

1.  Do your kids go to school on the last day of school?

2.  Do you throw (or let them throw) an end of year party for their friends?

3.  How many *graduation ceremonies* will/have your children experienced in their life time?

Ducky

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 11:02am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">You know, that's funny. B/c the only time I hit the 130s was when I was nine months pregnant w/DS. I think I hit 126 w/my last pg...</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Again, you are very small in bone structure and height, correct? It is all relative.</span></strong></p>

If you say so. I think my equally small in bone structure and height but heavier in weight sister would vehemently disagree with you though. Given the amount of DNA that she and I share, I'm going to chalk the bulk of it up to diet and exercise...as much as you'd like to chalk it up to genetics, I'm the only size 0 in the family.

On Wednesdays we wear pink.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 11:04am
Fever girl, can you provide a definition of *friend*?

Ducky

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 11:06am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Oh geesh.   I have *friends* that are 18. I have *friends* that are 60+.   I have friends everywhere in between. Some I hang out with a lot, some I hang out with a little. Some I don't "hang out" with at all.   I don't have to do everything the same with all my friends.  That doesn't mean the 60+ yo isn't a *friends* just because I don't go do an obstacle run with her.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">What do you do with a "friend" who is 18 years old when you are over 40? Just asking. </span></strong></p>

I'm not over 40, but I'm close enough to answer: we go to lunch or breakfast or dinner. We shop. We talk. Same things I do w/friends my own age. Or older.

On Wednesdays we wear pink.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 11:07am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Oh geesh.   I have *friends* that are 18. I have *friends* that are 60+.   I have friends everywhere in between. Some I hang out with a lot, some I hang out with a little. Some I don't "hang out" with at all.   I don't have to do everything the same with all my friends.  That doesn't mean the 60+ yo isn't a *friends* just because I don't go do an obstacle run with her.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">What do you do with a "friend" who is 18 years old when you are over 40? Just asking. </span></strong></p>

Converse. Share stories. Sit together at a ballgame or other event.  Chat when sitting poolside.  Talk about our lives.  Have a meal.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 11:09am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">You know, that's funny. B/c the only time I hit the 130s was when I was nine months pregnant w/DS. I think I hit 126 w/my last pg...</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Again, you are very small in bone structure and height, correct? It is all relative.</span></strong></p>

You do realize, don't you, that even someone with very small bone structure and height can be very overweight?  I know a woman that is shorter than Regina, has tiny hands and feet (because she has a very small frame) but weighs probably 175. 

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 11:10am

reginageorge2005 wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">springfever2013</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left"&gt;Oh geesh.   I have *friends* that are 18. I have *friends* that are 60+.   I have friends everywhere in between. Some I hang out with a lot, some I hang out with a little. Some I don't "hang out" with at all.   I don't have to do everything the same with all my friends.  That doesn't mean the 60+ yo isn't a *friends* just because I don't go do an obstacle run with her.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;strong&gt;&lt;span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left"&gt;What do you do with a "friend" who is 18 years old when you are over 40? Just asking. &lt;/span&gt;&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>I'm not over 40, but I'm close enough to answer: we go to lunch or breakfast or dinner. We shop. We talk. Same things I do w/friends my own age. Or older.</p>

About the only thing i can't do with the 18yo is have a drink ...

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 11:10am

I'm the only size 0 in the family.

O.kay. Does size of clothes impress you that much that you have to announce it so many times? I could care less about the size it says inside my clothes as I wear all different sizes for different things. Also, petite sizes are different than women's. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 11:12am
"Does size of clothes impress you that much that you have to announce it so many times? I could care less about the size it says inside my clothes " You do realize that these posts are in response to your never ending diatribes about your weight ... right?

Ducky

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 11:13am

Converse. Share stories. Sit together at a ballgame or other event.  Chat when sitting poolside.  Talk about our lives.  Have a meal.

Nice. So basically just talking. And an 18 year old is really interested in being with a 40 + year old adult so much? Hmmm...I can see maybe here and there at a party or such but most 18 year olds are more interested in hanging out with their own friends (if they are social people, of course). 

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-19-2013 - 11:15am
"About the only thing i can't do with the 18yo is have a drink ..." Perhaps that's the only thing that Fevergirl and her *friends* do.

Ducky

Pages