Friday Follies

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Friday Follies
242
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 9:50am

1. Are you wearing purple for North America Lupus Awareness Day today?

2. Do you wear perfume? Favorite?

3. Bagels-cream cheese or butter?

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 11:03am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p>One has to live in NY to eat there?  I am not aware of that law, I guess I should confess to the NY state authorities?</p><p><strong>To have them on a regular basis to compare, yes <img src="/forums/sites/all/libraries/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif" alt="Laughing" title="Laughing" border="0" /></strong></p>

Ah, I have a broader view of the situation, so therefore I disagree.  :)

PumpkinAngel

Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 11:08am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p>1. Are you wearing purple for North America Lupus Awareness Day today?</p><p>2. Do you wear perfume? Favorite?</p><p>3. Bagels-cream cheese or butter?</p>

No.  I am wearing a mustard color crew neck, blue jeans. 

I wear perfume every now and then.  tresor' but I also like chanel. 

cream cheese! 

 

 

Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 11:10am
Wow spring... One side cream cheese and the other side butter? I never heard of that.

 

 

Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 11:13am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p>Thardy-nothing better than a NY bagel. You can't get one anywhere else <img src="/forums/sites/all/libraries/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif" alt="Laughing" title="Laughing" border="0" /></p>

ITA, Esp from the friendly vendor on the corner, Lol. 

 

 

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 11:14am
springfever2013 wrote:
<p>One has to live in NY to eat there?  I am not aware of that law, I guess I should confess to the NY state authorities?</p><p><strong>To have them on a regular basis to compare, yes <img src="/forums/sites/all/libraries/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif" alt="Laughing" title="Laughing" border="0" /></strong></p>

Ah, I have a broader view of the situation, so therefore I disagree.  :)

Broader? How so? Laughing

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 11:17am

Wow spring... One side cream cheese and the other side butter? I never heard of that.

Yep but do NOT put them together to eat lol. My hubby did that one day when getting me a bagel and while it was ok, it was just not what I wanted. Sometimes I will do cream cheese and jelly on one side and butter on the other. Today was veggie cream cheese one side, butter the other. 

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 11:20am
springfever2013 wrote:
<p>Thardy-nothing better than a NY bagel. You can't get one anywhere else <img src="/forums/sites/all/libraries/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif" alt="Laughing" title="Laughing" border="0" /></p>

ITA, Esp from the friendly vendor on the corner, Lol. 

I would rather get them from a bagel store when they are fresh Laughing

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2000
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 11:22am

By the way, when you refer to NY bagels, what do you mean?  Bagels found in NYC, bagels found in Long Island, bagels found upstate?  All of those places?

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 11:23am

Well, I have lived in New York and I do not agree with you.  I've had bad bagels in NY, just as I have all over the country.  While I do agree that many places cannot make a bagel like a bagel shop in NY, I have found one in my current town that makes fabulous bagels that are no different than the ones I used to eat in NY.

I do have to agree that some places are not as good as others but still not the same out of state. They might be good but not the same.

Pizza is another but it has nothing to do with the water and everything to do with how they prepare the crust, what kind and how much cheese, etc.  It also depends on what kind you like (pizza in NY is very different from what you find in Italy, except in Naples).   If I'm going for a traditional Neopolitan style pizza, I prefer the very thin crust NY style pizza like Ray's, which can be difficult to find, but there are several here in my town that are the same as what can be found in NY.  It took trying many different places to find the type of crust I like, but even my friends who are native NYers disagree about what constitutes good pizza.

Yes, everyone likes a different type of pizza. Regular Neapolitan pizza is what I am referring to. 

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 11:25am

By the way, when you refer to NY bagels, what do you mean?  Bagels found in NYC, bagels found in Long Island, bagels found upstate?  All of those places?

NYC and LI. I haven't had a bagel from upstate NY since I was a kid so I can't compare.

Pages