Friday the Fun Day

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-22-2013
Friday the Fun Day
780
Fri, 02-07-2014 - 2:27pm

1. How long of a lunch do you get at work? Do you also get alloted breaks?

2. What type of toothpaste do you use? Do you only buy that kind?

3. Do you make your bed everyday? Does your kids?

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-22-2013
Sun, 02-09-2014 - 9:03am

You are showing your lack of understanding of other people's lives.

Oh my, I just gave you examples of people with flexible schedules and self employed people. The M.O of this board to try and use this as you know you cant debate someone who is experienced.

I often have a working lunch, sometimes taking a job candidate or potential student to lunch, sometimes getting together with a couple of colleagues to plan a conference or accomplish a task. Sometimes I can do a social lunch during the week.   My workload varies.  It sometimes includes working weekends.  That's the nature of a flexible position.

And? Do you think I am not familiar with this? 

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-22-2013
Sun, 02-09-2014 - 9:04am

you did.  You wrote "lol" after a sentence about people having flexible schedules.  That indicates a laugh.  A laugh usually indicates you find something funny.

The lol is for people changing their stories to accomdate the questions asked.

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Sun, 02-09-2014 - 9:06am

blackandwhitemolly wrote:
<p><span>You are showing your lack of understanding of other people's lives.</span></p><p>Oh my, I just gave you examples of people with flexible schedules and self employed people. The M.O of this board to try and use this as you know you cant debate someone who is experienced.</p><p><span>I often have a working lunch, sometimes taking a job candidate or potential student to lunch, sometimes getting together with a couple of colleagues to plan a conference or accomplish a task. Sometimes I can do a social lunch during the week.   My workload varies.  It sometimes includes working weekends.  That's the nature of a flexible position.</span></p><p>And? Do you think I am not familiar with this? </p>

Your response certainly pointed toward ignorance of that.

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Sun, 02-09-2014 - 9:07am

blackandwhitemolly wrote:
<p><span>you did.  You wrote "lol" after a sentence about people having flexible schedules.  That indicates a laugh.  A laugh usually indicates you find something funny.</span></p><p>The lol is for people changing their stories to accomdate the questions asked.</p>

i see.  So you do not understand the situation, so it's like a nervous giggle.  It happens.

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-22-2013
Sun, 02-09-2014 - 9:07am
blackandwhitemolly wrote:
<div style="color:#111111; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:13px; font-style:normal; font-variant:normal; font-weight:normal; text-align:left; text-indent:0px; text-transform:none; background-color:#ffffff"><div><ul></ul></div></div><div style="border-bottom-color:#cccccc; border-bottom-width:1px; border-bottom-style:solid; color:#111111; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:13px; font-style:normal; font-variant:normal; font-weight:normal; text-align:left; text-indent:0px; text-transform:none; background-color:#ffffff"><div><div><div>I don't see a fine example for grad students here. But let's remember her department is history not humanities.</div></div><div></div><div>Yeah. Most 50 something year olds are not taking selfies, IME, and especially ones that are professionals.</div></div></div>

i cant ant help it if you've had limited experience with something.  Sorry.

The limited experience is because professionals in their 50's arent sitting around taking selfies. You have many friends in their 50's, professionals who are constantly taking selfies? Sounds like WAY too much time on their hands, lack of attention and very immature.

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Sun, 02-09-2014 - 9:08am

blackandwhitemolly wrote:
<div style="color:#111111; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:13px; font-style:normal; font-variant:normal; font-weight:normal; text-align:left; text-indent:0px; text-transform:none; background-color:#ffffff"><div><ul></ul></div></div><div style="border-bottom-color:#cccccc; border-bottom-width:1px; border-bottom-style:solid; color:#111111; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:13px; font-style:normal; font-variant:normal; font-weight:normal; text-align:left; text-indent:0px; text-transform:none; background-color:#ffffff"><div><div><div>I don't see a fine example for grad students here. But let's remember her department is history not humanities.</div></div><div></div><div>Yeah. Most 50 something year olds are not taking selfies, IME, and especially ones that are professionals.</div></div></div>
I can't help it if you've had limited experience with something.  Sorry.

Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Sun, 02-09-2014 - 9:09am

bordwithyou wrote:
<p><span>"I think it's only fair to question time management skills...  Some people have it, others do not. ". </span></p><p><span>It would be fair to question time management skills if there were evidence of a problem.  Absent such evidence, it's just gratuitous meanness.</span></p>

Then perhaps you'd like to pedal back to said poster's answer to the op's question that she doesn't have "that type of job".  Schedules and time management have a lot in common and the observation that some people may lack that is actually a fair response.  What you think is mean is not so stop making things up.  Have a good Sunday bord, Have you been to mass..  I mean service yet? 

 

 

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-22-2013
Sun, 02-09-2014 - 9:10am
    blackandwhitemolly wrote:
    <p><span>You are showing your lack of understanding of other people's lives.</span></p><p>Oh my, I just gave you examples of people with flexible schedules and self employed people. The M.O of this board to try and use this as you know you cant debate someone who is experienced.</p><p><span>I often have a working lunch, sometimes taking a job candidate or potential student to lunch, sometimes getting together with a couple of colleagues to plan a conference or accomplish a task. Sometimes I can do a social lunch during the week.   My workload varies.  It sometimes includes working weekends.  That's the nature of a flexible position.</span></p><p>And? Do you think I am not familiar with this? </p>

    Your response certainly pointed toward ignorance of that.

    So now you are telling me about my experiences with people who have flexible schedules, that's funny. Seems to always make everyone feel better to try and claim I have no experience lol.

    iVillage Member
    Registered: 12-22-2013
    Sun, 02-09-2014 - 9:11am

    i see.  So you do not understand the situation, so it's like a nervous giggle.  It happens.

    So no real answer. Gotcha. Is there a class that PKA has that you all take as it seems everyone has adopted her way of debating lately? Bawahhhaaaa....

    iVillage Member
    Registered: 12-22-2013
    Sun, 02-09-2014 - 9:13am

    Have a good Sunday bord, Have you been to mass..  I mean service yet? 

    Too early there. She will be there soon, trying to act like she has been good all week and a professsional 50 something year old bawahhhaaa.... 

    Pages