Hurtful relatives and kids...
Find a Conversation
|Thu, 01-08-2004 - 2:40pm|
This would be a very long post so I am going to outline it and, if you need more information, please let me know.
I have several issues with my MIL and I am trying to decide if I should allow her around the kids since she is so...so...insane and toxic.
1. Devin's illness was all about her. She sobbed over him and kept saying, "How can you do this to me, Devin? I have always loved you best and you can't leave me."
2. She is overly critical of Zak. She has told me she resented Zak being born because he was born when Devin had his first brain surgery. She said she felt like God was replacing Devin and she has told other people that Zak looks too much like a Galligan and it brings back bad memories of Devin's father and their marriage.
3. She was late to Devin's visitation by one and a half hours. When she got there, she never acknowledged my children's exisitence or mine. She never told the kids she was sorry about their father.
4. She stole several items from the house when I was in the ambulance with Devin. His engraved hairbrush is missing along with a picture of Devin with the Olympic Torch. I am upset but I don't want to fight over petty crap so I have said nothing. I did ask her if she had seen the brush since Devin wanted Alex to have it and she said she would have one made for Alex.
5. When I told Zak Daddy died, one of his questions was if KK (my MIL) would be coming to the house anymore because he does not like it when she is at our house. How pitiful is that....
Now, she has called and she wants to give me money (her method of controlling people), she wants to come visit and she wants to take Alex out for the day. I tried to reject the money because I don't want it but she overrode me. I don't want her in my house and how I am going to get out of this? I haven't called her at all because I am so angry and disgusted with her. I always put up with her because Devin hated conflict and he was a good barrier for me. People have told me to unhook but she is their grandmother...