Marriage equality argument

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-20-2013
Marriage equality argument
213
Tue, 03-26-2013 - 8:21pm

So the sole argument against marriage equality is that marriage is for procreation? Where exactly does that leave menopausal women? Or men with ED? Or the infertile? 

I can not believe we are STILL having this discussion in 2013. I have noticed that it is generational though--many of boomers I know are against it. Gen Xers like myself and younger are generally in favor...

On Wednesdays we wear pink.

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-14-2011
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 3:42pm
I remember "differences are beautiful". What a crock.... EVERYTHING she has posted since then contradicts that statement. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.
iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 3:40pm

<<She hasn't said anything on this thread that surprised me, unfortunately. >>

Sadly that is true, this is just the latest group that is targeted.  So sad, difference can be beautiful AND equal without harming anyone.


PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-14-2011
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 3:40pm
"You know what Jesus said about discrimination, don't you?" --------- I honestly don't think she does.
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-20-2013
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 3:36pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
<p>Free public education is my childrens' right b/c a daddy and mommy live under one roof? Please!</p><p>ETA ALL children are deserving of a free education regardless of family dynamic, And that's a HUMAN right.  Remind me again what gay rights falls under...  Thank You and have a  nice one. </p>

Gays are human, so gay rights falls under HUMAN RIGHTS, Jam. Gay rights also fall under civil rights, of course, much like the civil rights movement of the 60s when ignoramuses like yourself thought blacks didn't deserve the same rights as white folk. Skin color, sexuality--it's all discrimination b/c they're not like you. You know what Jesus said about discrimination, don't you?

On Wednesdays we wear pink.

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-14-2011
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 3:36pm
"You've carefully mastered what it is you want my posts to mean." --------------- There is nothing mastered about your posts. You continue to "lol" and rant against "gay rights". If that is not your position, then perhaps you need to clear that up. --------------------- "The institute of the RCC sets forth principles by which the faithful follow..." ------------- So why do you think that everyone should follow, not just "the faithful"?
Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 3:33pm
Be around where in 3013? Eternal life in heaven, I hope.

 


 


iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 3:33pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">bordwithyou</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&gt;&lt;div class="quote-author"&gt;&lt;em class="placeholder"&gt;jamblessedthree&lt;/em&gt; wrote:&lt;/div&gt;Then leave the thread, I'll follow you Katie. Gay rights among other poltiical issues are hugely debatable. You want this to get personal now? Wow! I find calling my church a judgemental one offensive and being called a bigot is offensive. This isn't about you it's about the issue and there will always be two sides of it just like other issues, Stand up for what you believe in but don't convince me of it.&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Your church is judgmental.  That is a fact.  The cardinals, pope, hierarchy exist to make judgments.  That is a fact.  You seem to have something against facts, and calling things what they are.  You know what a bigot is, right?  Here's the dictionary definition:  "One intolerantly devoted to his own church, party, or opinion."  You are intolerant of homosexual marriage.  You are devoted to that opinion.  There is no reason not to call you a bigot. Everything you have said on this thread fits the definition of a bigot.  &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;The issue of gay rights is about how we as a society will treat gay people.  You are okay with denying some people the rights and privileges that other people enjoy.  How can that not be personal.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;On what possible basis do you want to deny these rights to people like Katie and her family?&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>Paint any picture you want, You've carefully mastered what it is you want my posts to mean.  Furthermore, The institute of the RCC sets forth principles by which the faithful follow, The counter attacks and context by which judgement was used in this thread most certainly is an insult.  Your choice to not understand that is not my problem.  You know nothing about me IRL or what I tolerate, But it's safe to assume what you think I am not, That's real nice Bord. </p>

All I am going by is your posts, what you have said here.  If you don't stand by what you say, feel free to retract your bigoted opinions and I will stop thinking you are bigoted. 

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-20-2013
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 3:31pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">rollmops2009</em> wrote:</div>"I'm already a pretty fiscal conservative," ----------- So am I. That has absolutely zero to do with gay marriage, and I am completely stumped as to how you think it does.</blockquote></p><p>Sorry mops, Perhaps I should do more of this "quoting" myself!  My conservative post was a reply to a post that my husband, family and I just remove ourselves all togehter from tax entitlments, No problem, I may just do that.  I don't take and spend the way others do anyway. </p>

And my guess is that I pay more in taxes than your family makes in a year...and yet I still think gay couples are entitled to the same rights as hetero couples. Imagine that.

On Wednesdays we wear pink.

Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 3:31pm

bordwithyou wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">jamblessedthree</em> wrote:</div>Then leave the thread, I'll follow you Katie. Gay rights among other poltiical issues are hugely debatable. You want this to get personal now? Wow! I find calling my church a judgemental one offensive and being called a bigot is offensive. This isn't about you it's about the issue and there will always be two sides of it just like other issues, Stand up for what you believe in but don't convince me of it.</blockquote></p><p>Your church is judgmental.  That is a fact.  The cardinals, pope, hierarchy exist to make judgments.  That is a fact.  You seem to have something against facts, and calling things what they are.  You know what a bigot is, right?  Here's the dictionary definition:  "One intolerantly devoted to his own church, party, or opinion."  You are intolerant of homosexual marriage.  You are devoted to that opinion.  There is no reason not to call you a bigot. Everything you have said on this thread fits the definition of a bigot.  <br /><br />The issue of gay rights is about how we as a society will treat gay people.  You are okay with denying some people the rights and privileges that other people enjoy.  How can that not be personal.<br /><br />On what possible basis do you want to deny these rights to people like Katie and her family?</p>

Paint any picture you want, You've carefully mastered what it is you want my posts to mean.  Furthermore, The institute of the RCC sets forth principles by which the faithful follow, The counter attacks and context by which judgement was used in this thread most certainly is an insult.  Your choice to not understand that is not my problem.  You know nothing about me IRL or what I tolerate, But it's safe to assume what you think I am not, That's real nice Bord. 

 


 


iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 3:23pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
Then leave the thread, I'll follow you Katie. Gay rights among other poltiical issues are hugely debatable. You want this to get personal now? Wow! I find calling my church a judgemental one offensive and being called a bigot is offensive. This isn't about you it's about the issue and there will always be two sides of it just like other issues, Stand up for what you believe in but don't convince me of it.

What exactly is the other side of this issue?  Somebody said at the beginning of this debate that she'd never heard a coherent argument against equality.  Three days into it, no one has yet to offer up anything in defense of inequality.  Nothing.  Zero. Zilch. Nada. Zip.

Pages