Meal plan for the week of 10/23:

iVillage Member
Meal plan for the week of 10/23:
Sun, 10-23-2011 - 4:20pm

Sun: Pork roast; roasted turnips, sweet potatoes and apples with dried cranberries

Mon: Chicken taco soup, chips/dip

Tues: Chicken and wild rice casserole, grapes

Wed: Spaghetti with italian sausage, sauteed mushrooms, apples

Thurs: Homemade pizza -- thin wheat crust, olive tampenade, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and feta for the big people; thin wheat crust, spaghetti sauce, italian sausage and mozzarella cheese for the little people

Fri: OUT - SHS ballgame

Sat: OUT - SHS Band final competition

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-23-2011 - 6:05pm
Mmmmmmm, I'm coming for a visit!

This is what I'm planning for this week:

Sunday - grilled salmon, cous cous and salad

Monday - roast beef, mashed potatoes, sautéed zucchini & yellow squash

Tuesday - butternut squash soup and panini

Wednesday- homemade lasagna & salad

Thursday - dd12 and I are on overnight field trip to Williamsburg. Dh is planning to take kids out after soccer practice

Friday - dd and I return at dinner time but we are all going to a Halloween concert with another family. Either having dinner at our friends first or we'll all meet for dinner beforehand, depending on timing. Secretly hoping we'll eat at friends' house b/c she is awesome cook!
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-23-2011 - 6:07pm
Can you email me me the recipes for the taco soup and the chicken/rice casserole? Or you can post here if they are online recipes that you can link. Thanks!
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-23-2011 - 6:14pm
I just throw stuff all together for those. I'm stewing a chicken today and will pick all the meat off.

For the taco soup - shredded chicken, broth, yellow corn, pinto or kidney or black beans, can of rotel, and a package of Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch dip mix. sometimes I add rice.

For the casserole -- I'll cook Lundberg Wild Rice Mix (http://www.lundberg.com/products/rice/gourmet_rice_blends/Lundberg_Wild_Blend%C2%AE.aspx) ahead of time. Add shredded chicken, celery, carrots, onion, bit of broth, some fat free evap milk, seasonings -- and bake. I haven't actually made it before, so I'm winging it.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-23-2011 - 6:14pm
Now, you can return the favor and send me the butternut squash soup recipe ...

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-23-2011 - 6:32pm

Sun: Southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans

Mon: Pizza

Tues: Shepherd's pie

Wed: Orange chicken

Thurs: Pasta with Sneaky Vegetable Sauce

Fri: Cube steak with black beans and rice

Sat: Nachos

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-23-2011 - 6:55pm
Fried chicken. Oh my, I haven't made fried chicken in forever. I need to do that.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-23-2011 - 7:40pm

Here's mine.

Today:

The truth may be out there but lies are in your head. Terry Pratchett

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 8:55am
Sunday-- I made Rachael Ray's Pumpkin, Sage, Sausage pasta sauce, but we had it over mashed potatoes instead of pasta and pumpkin pie
Monday-- Potato and leek soup
Tuesday-- Pasta with pesto?
Wednesday--Fritatta?
Thursday-- We'll probably grab sandwiches or something. MIL will have the kids
Friday--???
Saturday--???
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 11:15am
Have you made the rachael ray recipe before? That is one of my favorite fall recipes. We just had it last week! I make it with half hot sausage and half sweet which gives it a nice kick. Would do all hot sausage but then my kids wouldnt eat it (too spicy).
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 11:46am

I usually make it at least once every fall. It's one of the few savory winter squash recipes DH will eat.

Pages