Sat, 01-11-2014 - 10:07pm

SUN: Cider and sage pork chops, mashed potatoes, veggie

MON: chili potatoes, salad

TUES: pulled pork tacos, cole slaw

WED: greek pork, tzatziki, couscous pilaf, veggie

THURS: seared tuna, edamame, egg drop soup

FRI: red beans and rice, smoked sausage, veggie

SAT: OUT

SUN: Tequila tasting with appetizers - woot!

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-12-2014 - 2:18pm

No real plan, but I made a nice rice dish today. 

Boil 2 cups brown/mixed rice until al dente, drain. Can be done day before.

Clean and devein about 1.5  pounds fresh shrimp and marinate (in the fridge) in olive oil, lemon and a squeezed garlic clove until ready to cook. This can also be done a day ahead.

Chop 2 large carrots in fairly small dice. Ditto for 2-3 cloves of garlic. Halve lengthwise and slice 2 large leeks. Rinse them very well, several times.

You will also need olive oil, 1 gram saffron, 1/2 cup white wine and a handful of parsley, chopped.

Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add carrots and garlic and saffron, saute a bit. Add leeks, saute softened. Add wine, let bubble. Pat veggies in one layer, layer rice on top, reduce heat and let simmer with a lid, while you flash saute the shrimp in batches in another pan. Don't cook them all the way through. Add shrimp to pan, stir well. Salt and pepper, turn a few times, add parsley and serve.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-12-2014 - 4:10pm

No real plan but tonight I am making penne a la vodka (hence the leftover vodka from NYE lol)

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-12-2014 - 5:44pm
I'm not planning either. We have hamburgers and salad tonight, salmon and snow peas tomorrow, and DH is going to do ribs one day this week and I am going to do stuffed chicken thighs another night. We might go out with another couple on Friday.
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-12-2014 - 10:54pm

Still working on a plan, I will go to the grocery tomorrow night.

Saturday:  Lasagna, french bread, salad

Sunday:  Salmon, brown rice and roasted mixed veggies/mushrooms

Monday:  Pasta primavera with a red meat sauce leftover homemade sauce from Saturday

The rest will come with the grocery store tomorrow.

PumpkinAngel