Meal plan for the week of 11/3:

iVillage Member
Meal plan for the week of 11/3:
Sun, 11-03-2013 - 4:42pm

SUN: tuna tacos, black bean salad
MON: creamy Mediterranean pasta, salad
TUES: turkey roulades with ham and swiss, roasted potato medley
WED: French onion and apple soup, bread, salad
THURS: Goat cheese, carmelized onion, arugula and prosciutto pizza (The Boy will have pepperoni)
FRI: Kung pao chicken and rice

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-03-2013 - 6:04pm

No order except for today and these are just things I have in the house to make:

Sunday-Breaded Chicken Cutlets, Stuffing, Lima Beans

Taco's, Hot Dogs, Chicken Sausage, Steak, Chicken Nuggets, Rigatoni with Ala Vodka Sauce

Sides-Rice, Noodles, Couscous, French Fries--corn, peas, green beans, baked beans

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-03-2013 - 6:29pm
Tonight we are having shrimp and grits. Tomorrow, roast lamb. Tuesday, something the husband makes, probably ribs. Wednesday, I work late and come home and scrounge and the husband had soup and Sandwich. Thursday I have a request for fajitas. Friday, we'll probably go out or have lamb curry. Saturday, lamb curry if we don't go out Friday. Otherwise, probably spaghetti. Made a big pot of sauce this weekend.
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-03-2013 - 7:09pm

Sun:  Tacos, black bean salad (Great minds think alike!)

Monday:  Roasted salmon, new potatoes and asparagus

Tuesday:  Chorizo, white bean and kale soup.  French bread

Wednesay:  Every person for themselves, lol

That's as far I have gotten in the week...need to hit the grocery store tomorrow.  :)

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-03-2013 - 8:59pm
I hadn't made tuna tacos before - we usually do cod. But man, they were amazing. I'll be doing it again. I coated 1/2 the tuna steaks in blackened seasoning and 1/2 in cracked black pepper and pan seared (still pretty rare in the middle). Served on tortillas with southwest tartar sauce and shredded cabbage. divine!

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-03-2013 - 9:00pm
Ummm, is that soup recipe a CL one? I have made a chorizo, white bean and kale soup twice in the last few months ... and it's great.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-03-2013 - 9:33pm

In no particular order:

Stuffed Red Peppers & green salad

Skinless, roasted chicken, mashed cauliflower, carrot & zuccini sticks

Meatloaf, potatoes, green beans & green salad

Spag. squash w/ marinara sauce, brocolli

Tacos

Pork Chops, quinoa, fresh veggies

Night of left overs

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-04-2013 - 8:18am

savcal2011 wrote:
Ummm, is that soup recipe a CL one? I have made a chorizo, white bean and kale soup twice in the last few months ... and it's great.

Yes, that's what I started with.  However, I bought the wrong sausage (the raw Mexican kind) so I cooked it, then drained and rinsed to remove a lot of the fat before adding.  I also added a couple of tomatoes, chopped and a can of tomato paste.  Everyone really liked the soup and I've made it a couple of times in the last month too.  I really like kale, I can't believe I overlooked it for so long!   We received some beets in our veggie box last week, I'm going to try and duplicate the salad/app we had a few weeks ago this week.  I'm going to roast the beets first..

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-04-2013 - 8:18am

<<Skinless, roasted chicken, mashed cauliflower, carrot & zuccini sticks>>

How do you prepare your mashed cauliflower?

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-04-2013 - 9:39am
One head of cauliflower, tbs of cream cheese, 1/4c parm cheese, salt & pepper to taste. Cook the cauliflower, drain and dry well, mix all of the ingredients with an immersion blender.
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-04-2013 - 10:06am

iamvelma wrote:
One head of cauliflower, tbs of cream cheese, 1/4c parm cheese, salt &amp; pepper to taste. Cook the cauliflower, drain and dry well, mix all of the ingredients with an immersion blender.

Sounds good, thanks!

PumpkinAngel

Pages