Meal plan for the week of 2/14:

iVillage Member
Meal plan for the week of 2/14:
Sun, 04-14-2013 - 8:39pm

Sunday. Honey brats (turkey) with spicy sweet slaw

Monday: Fish tacos, cabbage, ranch style beans

Tuesday: chicken saltimbocca, asparagus

Wednesday: Kung pao chicken, rice

Thursday: I don't know yet. It's our last Chef Series event for the season. But it will definitely be GOOD!

Friday: Cube steak milanese, asparagus, garlic bread

Saturday: dunno yet, it's prom night, so we'll be busy and I have to jet out of town as soon as we finish with pictures

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-15-2013 - 9:28am

Spring meals are so difficult for me - I have to plan around my kids' activities, which are every night of the week, including weekends!

Last night, I used up some chicken to make chicken quesadillas for the kids with avocado, and I cut up some cantaloupe.  Dh and ds12 were coming home late from a lacrosse game so I fed the others before they got home.  Dh picked up steak for us (I don't care for steak really, so he indulged me and got me a filet!) and we grilled that along with some asparagus.

Monday- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Salad

Tues-Marinated pork tenderloin, green beans and rice

Wed-Pasta with shrimp/white wine sauce, salad

Thurs-Tacos, black beans and salad

Fri-Greek chicken with orzo salad

Saturday-ahhh, dd has a "bye" week for lacrosse so we will actually be home for dinner.  Weather depending, we will probably just grill something.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-15-2013 - 9:58am
No real plan. Today DD made buckwheat noodles with asparagus, mushrooms and ginger. It was good.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-15-2013 - 10:43am

I have no firm plans for the week, same reason as Merella....way too many activites, but a loose menu is as follows:

Sunday - pizza

Monday - Fish, rice and a veggie

Tuesday - Balsamic Pork Roast, potatoes and a veggie

Wednesday - Pasta, red sauce and italian sausage with a veggie

Thursday - Taco salad, using ground turkey with corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocadoes and etc

Friday - out?

Saturday - Beer can chicken sounds good or ribs, not sure which one yet.  Potatoes on the grill and a veggie.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-15-2013 - 10:50am

Spring is actually much easier on our schedules than fall and winter.  Marching band is over and winterguard is over.  The Girl was actually home for dinner all five weeknights last week and should be this week as well. 

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-15-2013 - 10:57am

savcal2011 wrote:
<p>Spring is actually much easier on our schedules than fall and winter.  Marching band is over and winterguard is over.  The Girl was actually home for dinner all five weeknights last week and should be this week as well. </p>

Spring is harder for us on the midweek but easier on the weekends than summer or fall. Winter kills both midweek and weekends but I make a lot of soups, stews and such that are more winter type food.  I tend to make lighter meals in the spring and summer but they aren't good meals to make ahead all the time.  I need to get organized and grill a bunch of proteins a few days at a time and just make side dishes but I just haven't had the time to switch gears with cooking.

I am loving all of my free time with another driver in the family!  

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-15-2013 - 12:25pm

Tonight: Pork chops with a zucchini, onion, tomato mix, over a bed of spaghetti squash.

Tomorrow.  Probably the leftovers, with the other half of the spaghetti squash. I'll also put a chicken in the oven, stuffed with quartered lemons, but that's for Thursday night.

Wed: Shrimp, marinated with a nicoise style marinade and grilled, and accompanied by a salad with lettuce, red pepper, artichoke hearts, boiled eggs and new potatoes, and tomato wedges.  It's also supposed to have olives, but I just now realized I forgot to get some at the grocery store.  So....oh well.

Thursday:  One of the breasts of the chicken cooked on Tuesday, cut into an Asian rice pasta salad with cucumbers and red peppers.

Friday: a regular salad with more of the Tuesday chicken cut into it.  I'll likely use whatever dressing is leftover from the Wednesday salad.

Saturday, I'll likely skip dinner.  I'm leaving work early Saturday morning to get home to meet up with a friend and drive BACK down to Virginia for a sewing machine geek fest and we'll be there all day.  By the time I get home, I"ll be ready for bed.

Sunday.  Leftovers once I finish pulling up the last of the carpet in the house.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-15-2013 - 12:26pm

rollmops2009 wrote:
No real plan. Today DD made buckwheat noodles with asparagus, mushrooms and ginger. It was good.

Yum.  I heart buckwheat noodles :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-15-2013 - 1:20pm

I miss spaghetti squash.  Joel needs to move out so I can have it without the associated griping. He stresses me out so much when I cook it that I get sick when I try to eat it.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-15-2013 - 1:40pm

All of these are what I'm cooking and Joel is eating.  I am not eating anything cooked right now except for things that are cooked only with water, so it's all raw veggies, cheese or peanut butter or boiled eggs, and the occasional grain. 

Sunday - Nothing.  We were both too tired to eat.

Monday - What we were supposed to have on Sunday:  State Fair pizza.  A local pizza place serves it and it's the one thing I've ever had in a restaurant that I wanted to try at home immediately.  It's whatever pizza crust recipe you normally use, with brown mustard as the sauce, sausage (usually use sweet Italian but am using a meatless sausage thingy this time), caramelized onions and red peppers, topped with mozzarella.  It's very good.  I can't eat it right now...but it's good. 

Tuesday - Open-face sandwiches with bacon, green olives and swiss cheese on rye bread; raw green pepper strips.

Wednesday - balsamic pork chops, lima beans

Thursday - broiled chicken, brown rice, peas

Friday - i won't be home but Joel's planning to make homemade tortilla chips with homemade queso and some raw veggie or another.

Saturday - who knows? We seem to never end up eating dinner at home on weekends. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-15-2013 - 6:42pm

What's he complaining about?  As far as squash goes, it's pretty innocuous.  Doesn't even have much of a smell.  I microwave it when I make it.  Just halve it, scoop out the seeds and then microwave it for 8 or 9 minutes (depends on the size).

Pages