Sun, 02-16-2014 - 2:16pm

SUNDAY:  tortellini bruschetta salad, turkey smoked sausage

MONDAY: taco potatoes

TUESDAY:   Banquet food (and wine) at the Research Week Gala

WEDNESDAY: pulled pork with Carolina BBQ sauce, cole slaw, broccoli

THURSDAY: Out with the office ladies

FRIDAY: Pepperoni chicken, pasta with marinara sauce

SATURDAY: javanese pork, rice

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 12:56pm

Still working on mine...

Sunday:  grilled salmon, roasted fingerling potatoes and brussel sprouts ala savcal

Monday:  buffalo burgers, roasted sweet potato wedges, cole slaw

Tuesday:  grilled pork tenderloin, couscous, grilled asparagus

Wednesday:  bbq (no sauce, just a dry rub) chicken with a salad of cabbage, kale, romaine and spinach

That's all I have at the moment.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 1:32pm
I'm so ready to break out the grill again. I'm hoping this weekend.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 2:01pm

savcal2011 wrote:
I'm so ready to break out the grill again. I'm hoping this weekend.

I'm ready to switch from indoor grilling to outdoor, the weather might actually cooperate this week!

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 2:26pm

Sunday--Porcupine meatballs, baked potatoes, and salad

Monday--on your own

Tuesday--Taco Salad

Wednesday-- Lemon Curry Tilapia and Cucumber salad and rice

Thursday--Fish Sticks and Baked Potatoes with Buttered Corn and Tartar Sauce and salad

Friday--Soup Beans, Bacon, Bread and salad

Saturday--Beef Stew, mashed potatoes, and green beans

Sunday--Beef Pot Pies, baked potatoes and salad

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 2:52pm

Sale on potatoes? Lol

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:00pm

blackandwhitemolly wrote:
Sale on potatoes? Lol

Nope, just love them and need the potassium.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:02pm
blackandwhitemolly wrote:
Sale on potatoes? Lol

Nope, just love them and need the potassium.

Starch that just turns in to sugar.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:10pm

<blockquote><div style="font-weight:bold"><em>blackandwhitemolly</em> wrote:</div><span>Sale on potatoes? Lol</span></blockquote><p><span>Nope, just love them and need the potassium.</span></p><p>Starch that just turns in to sugar.</p>
  Not really.  Potatoes are fairly nutritious if you don't fry them or load them up with butter and other nutrients.  They have a lot of potassium, as noted, but also iron and Vitamins B and C.  DH has a heart condition where he has to maximize potassium intake, so he has baked potatoes for lunch a couple of times a week.   Nobody else in the house really likes them, so I seldom serve them.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:16pm

bordwithyou wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">blackandwhitemolly</em> wrote:</div>&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;div style="font-weight:bold"&gt;&lt;em&gt;blackandwhitemolly&lt;/em&gt; wrote:&lt;/div&gt;&lt;span&gt;Sale on potatoes? Lol&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span&gt;Nope, just love them and need the potassium.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Starch that just turns in to sugar.&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote>  Not really.  Potatoes are fairly nutritious if you don't fry them or load them up with butter and other nutrients.  They have a lot of potassium, as noted, but also iron and Vitamins B and C.  DH has a heart condition where he has to maximize potassium intake, so he has baked potatoes for lunch a couple of times a week.   Nobody else in the house really likes them, so I seldom serve them.</p>

Especially if you eat the skins ... yummm. That's teh best part.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:17pm

Starch that just turns in to sugar.

As Bord noted below, potatoes are really quite nutritious. http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2770/2

Pages