Sun, 02-16-2014 - 2:16pm

SUNDAY:  tortellini bruschetta salad, turkey smoked sausage

MONDAY: taco potatoes

TUESDAY:   Banquet food (and wine) at the Research Week Gala

WEDNESDAY: pulled pork with Carolina BBQ sauce, cole slaw, broccoli

THURSDAY: Out with the office ladies

FRIDAY: Pepperoni chicken, pasta with marinara sauce

SATURDAY: javanese pork, rice

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 11:43am

I actually got organized this week & made a menu. After buying all the groceries, DD & I ate takeout sushi on Sunday.

Monday: balsamic beef sammies w/corn 

Tues: whole roasted chicken w/roasted broccoli

Wednesday: fish tacos

Thurs: sesame noodles w/leftover chicken & chinese veggies

Fri: beef stew (using last night's leftover beef)

Monday for lunch I made a shrimp salad w/lime juice, a bit of olive oil, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro & onion. I had that over fresh spinach for dinner after class last night and an early lunch today. I've got just enough to eat it for lunch one more time tomorrow.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 9:38am

blackandwhitemolly wrote:
<p>Untrue Bord but I don't feel like discussing things that I am going to get attacked on anyway so why bother. </p>
.  Well, all I can figure is that you didn't know that oil was fat, or you lied bout the dressing being fat free.  I was trying to be charitable.  Guess I was wrong.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 9:32am

<p>Untrue Bord but I don't feel like discussing things that I am going to get attacked on anyway so why bother. </p>

Yet you do bother....lol.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 9:31am

bordwithyou wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">grapthars_hammer</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&gt;&lt;div class="quote-author"&gt;&lt;em class="placeholder"&gt;blackandwhitemolly&lt;/em&gt; wrote:&lt;/div&gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;span&amp;gt;Both chick peas and avocado have fat in them.  That's before you add in your grandmother's uber sekrit oil and vinegar dressing.&amp;lt;/span&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Yep and they are good fats.&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I never said they weren't.  But they, along with the oil, in the oil and vinegar dressing you use, are fats.  Which would tend to demonstrate the fact that you are, as you put it so delicately to bord, a LIAR!!!  YOU LIED! &lt;/p&gt;</blockquote>.  I don't think she lied.  I don't think she knows any better.  i don't think she knows that oil is a fat, or that nuts and some vegetables contain fat.  There's really no use discussing nutrition with her, because she's unaware of basic nutritional facts.  </p>

Oh I think it's both, my guess is that there isn't a secret grandmother recipe, there is only a bottle of Kraft fat free dressing in the fridge and doesn't understand that fat free commercial dressing can be as unhealthy as diet soda.  

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 9:31am

Untrue Bord but I don't feel like discussing things that I am going to get attacked on anyway so why bother. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 5:37am

grapthars_hammer wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">blackandwhitemolly</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;span&gt;Both chick peas and avocado have fat in them.  That's before you add in your grandmother's uber sekrit oil and vinegar dressing.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Yep and they are good fats.&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>I never said they weren't.  But they, along with the oil, in the oil and vinegar dressing you use, are fats.  Which would tend to demonstrate the fact that you are, as you put it so delicately to bord, a LIAR!!!  YOU LIED! </p>
.  I don't think she lied.  I don't think she knows any better.  i don't think she knows that oil is a fat, or that nuts and some vegetables contain fat.  There's really no use discussing nutrition with her, because she's unaware of basic nutritional facts.  

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 3:49am

<p><span>Both chick peas and avocado have fat in them.  That's before you add in your grandmother's uber sekrit oil and vinegar dressing.</span></p><p>Yep and they are good fats.</p>

I never said they weren't.  But they, along with the oil, in the oil and vinegar dressing you use, are fats.  Which would tend to demonstrate the fact that you are, as you put it so delicately to bord, a LIAR!!!  YOU LIED! 

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 7:25pm

savcal2011 wrote:
Arugula on pizza rocks.

It really does.  The first time I ever had it was on a pizza in Germany.  It wasn't until several years later that I had it here in the States and knew that the English name was arugula.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 7:23pm

geschichtsgal wrote:
<p>I love arugula.  It's probably my favorite thing that the CSA people add to their salad mixes.  They also have some kind of baby mustard green that it really delicious.</p>

Arugula on pizza rocks.,

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 7:06pm

Both chick peas and avocado have fat in them.  That's before you add in your grandmother's uber sekrit oil and vinegar dressing.

Yep and they are good fats.

Pages