Sun, 02-16-2014 - 2:16pm

SUNDAY:  tortellini bruschetta salad, turkey smoked sausage

MONDAY: taco potatoes

TUESDAY:   Banquet food (and wine) at the Research Week Gala

WEDNESDAY: pulled pork with Carolina BBQ sauce, cole slaw, broccoli

THURSDAY: Out with the office ladies

FRIDAY: Pepperoni chicken, pasta with marinara sauce

SATURDAY: javanese pork, rice

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:22pm

So you put nothing on the baked or mashed potatoes, at.all?

Doesnt sound like you are very creative with your sides if you are making the same ones a few times a week? You make the menu, right and your dh cooks?

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:24pm

blackandwhitemolly wrote:
<blockquote><div style="font-weight:bold"><em>blackandwhitemolly</em> wrote:</div><span>Sale on potatoes? Lol</span></blockquote><p><span>Nope, just love them and need the potassium.</span></p><p>Starch that just turns in to sugar.</p>

I don't know that I"d pick this hill to die on, considering last week you listed one meal that had THREE starches (noodles, corn and cornbread). 

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:26pm

<p>So you put nothing on the baked or mashed potatoes, at.all?</p><p>Doesnt sound like you are very creative with your sides if you are making the same ones a few times a week? You make the menu, right and your dh cooks?</p>

Oh, but THIS is creative? "Sides: Sweet Potato Cross Trax, Noodles, Coucous, Mac and Cheese, Rice---Corn, Green Beans, Mixed Veggies, Peas"    It's varied.  But not creative, imo.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:27pm

Yep, that was one day. The rest not. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:29pm

Oh, but THIS is creative? "Sides: Sweet Potato Cross Trax, Noodles, Coucous, Mac and Cheese, Rice---Corn, Green Beans, Mixed Veggies, Peas"    It's varied.  But not creative, imo.

Wow, how many weeks ago was that? Lol. What would be creative to YOU lol. Nothing I have ever heard you serve lol.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:30pm

<p>Yep, that was one day. The rest not. </p>

Three starches in one meal isn't excessive?   I try very hard not to even serve two starches in one meal.   It happens, but I try not to do it.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:32pm

So you put nothing on the baked or mashed potatoes, at.all? Doesnt sound like you are very creative with your sides if you are making the same ones a few times a week? You make the menu, right and your dh cooks?

I add butter and sour cream to baked potatoes which adds some calories.  We usually make mashed potatoes with some butter and milk.  We prefer to be creative in our main dishes more than our sides-- we usually cook at least 1 or 2 new main dishes each week.  DH makes the menus and cooks most of the time.  I'm cooking on Wednesday nights this semester and came up with the tilapia recipe.  DH likes to have a starch with each meal, and we generally alternate between potatoes, bread, rice, and pasta.  This week is a potato heavy week.  We may swap out bread for potatoes on one of those nights.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:32pm
    blackandwhitemolly wrote:
    <p>Yep, that was one day. The rest not. </p>

Three starches in one meal isn't excessive?   I try very hard not to even serve two starches in one meal.   It happens, but I try not to do it.

You must not be Italian. Talk about having too much starch at Sunday dinner lol.

iVillage Member
    Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:33pm

<p><span>Oh, but THIS is creative? "Sides: Sweet Potato Cross Trax, Noodles, Coucous, Mac and Cheese, Rice---Corn, Green Beans, Mixed Veggies, Peas"    It's varied.  But not creative, imo.</span></p><p>Wow, how many weeks ago was that? Lol. What would be creative to YOU lol. Nothing I have ever heard you serve lol.</p>

I'm often creative.  I might list my Raosted Brussels sprouts with Caramelized Shallots and Crispy Pancetta as "brussels sprouts".   And sometimes I"m not creative.

None of which matters, because I didn't dig at someone for not being creative. So I wasn't hypocritical.

iVillage Member
    Mon, 02-17-2014 - 3:34pm

savcal2011 wrote:

DH likes to think of corn as a vegetable, but I usually try to make salads or some other vegetable if corn is one of the sides.

Pages