Sun, 02-16-2014 - 2:16pm

SUNDAY:  tortellini bruschetta salad, turkey smoked sausage

MONDAY: taco potatoes

TUESDAY:   Banquet food (and wine) at the Research Week Gala

WEDNESDAY: pulled pork with Carolina BBQ sauce, cole slaw, broccoli

THURSDAY: Out with the office ladies

FRIDAY: Pepperoni chicken, pasta with marinara sauce

SATURDAY: javanese pork, rice

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 4:20pm

blackandwhitemolly wrote:
<p><span>This must be new, maybe within the last year or so?  Because I'm pretty sure that you have said that your dh shops, cooks and creates most of the meals in a prior discussion.  </span></p><p><span>Ummm...no, I think you are thinking of gesich. We have been doing almost the same thing for 20 + years with a few changes. I have always shopped and made up a list so you must be thinking of someone else.</span></p>

Hmm...that's not what you said in the thread you pulled the controlling comment of sav's from.

TUE, 04-16-2013 - 3:27PM

Nope, he rarely shops or cooks.  I do the majority of the cooking, both of the kids know how to cook but they are not usually home when I start dinner and it seems silly to wait for them to get home in order to start dinner.  

I love to cook, it's one of my favorite ways to unwind.

Oh ok. My hubby shops and cooks and creates most of the meals. Since there are 4 of us, I don't think I have full control of what to cook. 

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 4:20pm

<div style="color:#111111; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:13px; font-style:normal; font-variant:normal; font-weight:normal; text-align:left; text-indent:0px; text-transform:none; background-color:#ffffff"><div><ul></ul></div></div><div style="border-bottom-color:#cccccc; border-bottom-width:1px; border-bottom-style:solid; color:#111111; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:13px; font-style:normal; font-variant:normal; font-weight:normal; text-align:left; text-indent:0px; text-transform:none; background-color:#ffffff"><div><div><div><blockquote><div style="font-weight:bold"><em>blackandwhitemolly</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;span&gt;I thought your dh did most of the shopping and cooking?  Is he creative in his meals?&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Nope, I shop, <em><strong>tell him what to make (</strong></em>weekdays only as I cook on weekends if we eat at home or dont get some type of take out) and then he will do his own things many times (examples, he will &lt;span&gt;make his own marinades for meats).&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote><p>How controlling of you.</p><p>Not a control thing at all. I could care less what he makes but I usually figure the food out according to what is going on that day. </p></div></div></div></div>

So, if you do it - not controlling. If I or someone else does it - controlling. Gotcha.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 4:21pm

So how is it fat free? 

It has a base of oil and vinegar

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 4:23pm

Not sure what you put together there but that was NOT me speaking.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 4:24pm

So, if you do it - not controlling. If I or someone else does it - controlling. Gotcha.

I said your cooking was controlling? YOU are controlling.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 4:27pm

<blockquote><div style="font-weight:bold"><em>blackandwhitemolly</em> wrote:</div><span>Sale on potatoes? Lol</span></blockquote><p><span>Nope, just love them and need the potassium.</span></p><p>Starch that just turns in to sugar.</p>

Cap'n Crunch boxes handing out doctors' diplomas again, Molly?  Remind me, where did you study medicine?

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 4:28pm

<p><span>So how is it fat free? </span></p><p>It has a base of oil and vinegar</p>

What oil are you using that is fat free?

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 4:29pm

<p>So basically you are not eating the potatoes healthy. When I have sweet potatoes often, usually for lunch, I just put a dash of cinnamon on them. That's all.</p>

so what?  Who cares?

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 4:29pm

<p>Not sure what you put together there but that was NOT me speaking.</p>

I didn't put anything together, I copied/pasted a post from you in the thread that you quoted from yesterday.  Which clearly contradicts what you said here today.  Why am I not shocked about the lies?

Here is another post..."not you speaking"

TUE, 04-16-2013 - 4:07PM

That's great.  The kids or dh will request something (which I make) but I since I do the majority of the cooking, I get to control what I cook.  I'm lucky the kids and dh pretty much eat anything and everything, lol.

Gotcha. I don't feel I need "control" over things or people, and especially not cooking. 

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 4:33pm

Sorry, again, it is a secret recipe.

Pages