Sun, 02-16-2014 - 2:16pm

SUNDAY:  tortellini bruschetta salad, turkey smoked sausage

MONDAY: taco potatoes

TUESDAY:   Banquet food (and wine) at the Research Week Gala

WEDNESDAY: pulled pork with Carolina BBQ sauce, cole slaw, broccoli

THURSDAY: Out with the office ladies

FRIDAY: Pepperoni chicken, pasta with marinara sauce

SATURDAY: javanese pork, rice

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 5:46pm

What kind does your dh buy and you use routinely?   

Whatever we are in the mood for but he is rarely there with me.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 5:47pm

blackandwhitemolly wrote:
<p><span>What kind does your dh buy and you use routinely?   </span></p><p><span>Whatever we are in the mood for but he is rarely there with me.</span></p>

I can't believe you can't even answer a question about lettuce, but have to dance around it, lol.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 5:49pm

geschichtsgal wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">pumpkinangel</em> wrote:</div>What kind of lettuce do you like?</blockquote></p><p>Not Molly, but I love the spring lettuce mix that my CSA gives to us.  It is lettuce that really tastes good.  I'm eating red leaf lettuce from the grocery store right now, and it's okay, but I can't wait until May for the good stuff!</p>

I love the spring lettuce mix!  I've been using a blend that I think of as a winter mix:  baby kale, spinach, romaine and chard...it's good but I can't wait for dh's lettuce to come into the garden!

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 5:49pm

I love spring mix salad, too.  During the winter, tho, I generally stick to baby spinach (unless it's under another stupid e.coli recall...sigh)

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 5:51pm

grapthars_hammer wrote:
<p>I love spring mix salad, too.  During the winter, tho, I generally stick to baby spinach (unless it's under another stupid e.coli recall...sigh)</p>

I've become attached to kale, I think because it's become the "it" thing lately, so it's more popular and easier to find.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 6:12pm

This was my dinner tonight.  I decided to be wild and crazy and add some shredded cheese to my baked potato.  :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 6:57pm
I'll answer! We buy iceberg, red leaf, green leaf, butter, romaine lettuces - along with spinach, arugula and other greens. Whatever I'm in the mood for. If we're making something taco-esque, like tonight, it has to be iceberg.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 7:03pm

I love arugula.  It's probably my favorite thing that the CSA people add to their salad mixes.  They also have some kind of baby mustard green that it really delicious.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 7:05pm

Ah, I eat salads like that fairly often.  The one I'm eating for dinner tonight has a hard-boiled egg, almonds, parmesan cheese, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions, and broccoli with Good Seasons Italian dressing made with olive oil.  No fruit though-- I've already eaten my fair share of that today.  I may have a grapefruit for dessert though.

Yum, sounds good :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 7:06pm

Both chick peas and avocado have fat in them.  That's before you add in your grandmother's uber sekrit oil and vinegar dressing.

Yep and they are good fats.

Pages