Meal plan for the week of 3/10:

iVillage Member
Meal plan for the week of 3/10:
Sun, 03-10-2013 - 1:45pm

Sun: chicken with sage and peas, couscous

Mon: pasta salad (wacky mac, turkey pepperoni, marinated mozzarella cheese, black olives, tomatoes, broccoli, balsamic)

Tues: Jerk chicken breasts, jerk apple slaw, cornbread

Wed: tacos, chips, guacamole

Thurs: baked potatoes, pork roast, broccoli

Fri: curried chicken legs, curried cauliflower

Sat: http://www.sandiapeakrestaurants.com/highfinance/  

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-10-2013 - 10:08pm

We have determined that I am making shrimp and grits tomorrow.  There will be fajitas sometime this week, and something with chicken breasts.  How's that for a plan?

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 8:05am

bordwithyou wrote:
<p>We have determined that I am making shrimp and grits tomorrow.  There will be fajitas sometime this week, and something with chicken breasts.  How's that for a plan?</p>

Better than mine.   We had a very late lunch yesterday so did not have dinner.   Last night I made some lasagna for DD1 for after her chemo. We will have some of that tonight. Have no idea the rest of the week.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 8:29pm

Because we didn't have enough complication in our kitchen with 6 different people on different schedules and preferences, I decided on a whim to return to a low-carb lifestyle after a recent trip to the store to buy new pants.

We had tacos/taco salad tonight. Tomorrow night we'll probably do grilled chicken with salad. After that, it gets murky. I think we'll have an omelet night or maybe a homemade pizza on Wednesday. There's a 30% chance of some kind of pork on Thursday with sweet potatoes and mixed vegetables. Predicting what we'll eat is kind of like predicting the weather: it's highly accurate for the next day or two, but Friday could be homemade soup, or it could be something totally unpredictable like mall court food.

I'd love to be organized enough to claim differently. Some days I'm cooking for a full house, other days we end up inexplicably with just one kid. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-13-2013 - 12:49pm

I have no plan this week, other than to clean out the frig as much as possible, so dinner will be intersting this week.  LoL.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-13-2013 - 1:18pm
Not much "planned" for this week. Steak-We had steak sandwiches the other night. Kids love these so have been making them lately. Fettucine Alfredo, Salad, Semolina Bread. Ground Meat-probably meat loaf with sides. Chicken-probably chicken cutlets as my hubby likes to make them and they are really good with sides. Pork Chops-probably just marinated, sides. Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, bread. Probably eat out on the weekend.