Meal plan for the week of 4/27:

iVillage Member
Meal plan for the week of 4/27:
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 1:13pm

I'm back from my conference; marathon training is over; so I can go back to real meal planning again.

Sat:  Cube steak milanese, sauteed new potatoes, asparagus

Sun: Bratwurst (turkey), rolls/buns, European sauerkraut, fruit/veggie

Mon: Pasta Salad (wacky mac, turkey pepperoni, black olives, mozzarella, asparagus, tomatoes, evoo, balsamic vinegar)

Tues:  Pasta (spagehetti?) with Georgian spread, chicken, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and black olives; salad

Wed: Italian sausage, swiss chard and tortellini soup

Thurs: spaghetti - band fundraiser dinner

Fri: Mexi-cheese stuffed chicken breasts, el diablo corn, tomato/cuke salad

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 3:31pm

No particular days and not 100% healthy either :)

Tonight-chicken cutlets, Ranch and Bacon Pasta Salad, some type of Veggie

Ground Meat (Manwich's-yes the big old bad Manwich lol. Ds went shopping with me today and I was going to get taco's to go with the meat but that is what he wanted and 4/4 will eat it, so it will be), french fries and veggie

Turkey Burgers, sides

Hot Dogs (with nasty cheese in them too as only 3/4 will eat regular hot dogs so now 4/4 will eat them), baked beans, some other side

Chicken-sides

Chicken sausage-sides

Steak-sides

Pasta with Meat Sauce

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 3:37pm
I know we're having fajitas one night, shrimp and grits one night, and salmon one night. Chinese Chicken stir fry another night. Probably tacos one night and chile another night.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 3:44pm

I just mowed the entire lawn.  The way I feel right now, my meal plan this week will be cereal directly from the box. 

If I can find a grocery store that will deliver.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 3:47pm

Do you have stores that deliver? One of our local stores does and I have used it before. It is great but they don't always have every thing you would like and if you order fruits and vegetables, you have to take what they pick. 

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 3:52pm

I did at the condo.  But not here.  which is a SERIOUS bummer.  Fortunately, I live within walking distance (less than a mile) of 3 grocery stores and a WalMart that serves as a semi-decent qui ckie Mart.

But I won't be walking there today :D

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 3:54pm

grapthars_hammer wrote:
qui ckie</p>

Kindly note that the space in the word above was deliberate because without the space, that word triggers the iVillage Naughty Words Not Allowed filter.

But tea bag doesn't.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 3:56pm

That is funny.

I can walk to most stores too which is good. I used that service for awhile in the colder months when I didn't feel like going out. It was good but I still like to walk around the store and see new things and get ideas for meals and snacks and such. 

Kind of like the difference between shopping for clothes and shoes online and not being able to see them and feel them in person. It is just not the same.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 3:58pm

See, the trick to using that service is, you use it when you're stocking up on soda and laundry detergent.  :)  It's great for buying heavy stuff that you don't need to inspect before buying :D

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 4:01pm

Exactly. The problem sometimes also was that they might have not had what you ordered so you were out of luck, and if it was important, you would have to go out someplace and get it anyway. 

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 6:26pm

Hey Sav...in the mood for pasta this week?   Wink

Tonight is pulled pork macaroni and cheese with caramelized onions and 4 cheeses, with roasted asparagus from the garden.

Tomorrow is pan roasted flounder, roasted potatoes and carrots.

The rest of the week, no clue yet as I haven't gone to the grocery yet to see what strikes my fancy.  My guess is that we will have taco salad, orange chicken, brisket next week.  All with a veggie and potato/rice type something.

PumpkinAngel

Pages