Meal plan for the week of 4/27:

iVillage Member
Meal plan for the week of 4/27:
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 1:13pm

I'm back from my conference; marathon training is over; so I can go back to real meal planning again.

Sat:  Cube steak milanese, sauteed new potatoes, asparagus

Sun: Bratwurst (turkey), rolls/buns, European sauerkraut, fruit/veggie

Mon: Pasta Salad (wacky mac, turkey pepperoni, black olives, mozzarella, asparagus, tomatoes, evoo, balsamic vinegar)

Tues:  Pasta (spagehetti?) with Georgian spread, chicken, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and black olives; salad

Wed: Italian sausage, swiss chard and tortellini soup

Thurs: spaghetti - band fundraiser dinner

Fri: Mexi-cheese stuffed chicken breasts, el diablo corn, tomato/cuke salad

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 7:09pm

Today: chili made w/leftover roast. It was so delicious that I had it twice--for lunch & dinner. And I'll likely have it for lunch all week since there was a lot!

I have no idea the rest of the week...

On Wednesdays we wear pink.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 8:00pm

As I have posted in the past I do not really plan my meals in advance.

Tonight we had roast beef hoagies.

Tomorrow I am making spaghetti and meatballs, probably have a salad with it.

During the week I am thinking about mac and cheese one night, will have something with chicken at least one night possibly two, fish (either salmon or cod) one night. 

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-28-2013 - 4:09am
Yesterday we did not feel like cooking. For lunch (out) we had sardines wrapped in vine leaves and baked (delicious) with lentil, tomato and spinach salad and a cabbage and carrot salad. In the evening (also out) we split tarama (fish roe dip), grilled veggies, leeks with rice and slice of pie made with mixed greens. Today we will have salmon and asparagus (at home).
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-28-2013 - 5:34am

re: pie with mixed greensSpanikopita? Or spanikopita-like?

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-28-2013 - 7:46am

Yes, it is like spanakopita, but without cheese, because it is Lent. To make up for the lack of cheese, they mixed spinach, chervil, swiss chard, mint etc for the filling.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-28-2013 - 1:54pm

I  plan out all 3 meals since we are all home to eat them together. 

Sunday- pasta, marinara sauce (from a jar but organic), garlic foccaccia bread (DS12 planned and is cooking)

Monday-burgers on the grill, whole wheat buns, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles and onions, corn on the cob, fresh fruit salad, and  baked beans

Tuesday-pork chop packets (butterflied pork chops, carrots, peas, sliced potatoes, and seasoning wrapped in foil) on the grill-I will have a mesclun salad with goat cheese, walnuts and dried cranberries instead

Wednesday-grilled cheese w/ tomatoes, tomato soup 

Thursday-out 

Friday-french toast, sausage, fresh kiiwi

Saturday- hard and soft shell tacos with tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, onion, cheese, black beans and  spanish rice, fresh papaya and mango salad

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 1:07pm

Hmm, I'm getting to more of an planner like Emptynester...and many days I'm looking at what I have and see what I can make it into.

Friday we had Chicken & Black Bean Burritos.  Dd1 and her boyfriend were going to a show and coming over to eat afterward so after the rest of had burritos earlier (I just made up 4 for the 3 of us) I thew the rest Chicken & Black Bean stuff over nacho chips with shredded sharp cheddar and baked it for nachos.  And we had salad.

Saturday I made Fried rice and a stir fry with shrimp, chard, green pepper & onions.

Sunday Corned Beef, potatoes & Cabbage

Monday--I have class.  Everyone is on their own.  They eat leftovers or sandwiches.  Or frozen junk they warm up.

Tuesday or Wednesday Beef Stew Calzones--new recipe I was going to try.  I don't know what I'm making the rest of the week.  I need to look at what produce I am getting in my box Wednesday (organic produce weekly delivery)  and look at how busy each night is with whatever's scheduled.

“Clearly," said Arthur,"you're an idiot- but you're our kind of idiot. Come on.” 
― Markus ZusakThe Book Thief

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 1:48pm

Mon.: Crab cakes and spinach salad

Tues.: Shepherd's pie

Wed.:  Turkey burgers and corn on the barbecue

Thurs.: left-over shepherd's pie

Fri.: ?

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 1:57pm

I'm just trying to keep my head above water this week.  As I mentioned on FB, on Saturday we have my parents' 50th anniversary, my oldest's 14th birthday and my youngest's 1st Communion!  I just spent the last two hours trying to figure out the menu for Saturday with the restaurant that is having us.  On top of that, crazy week with activities and MIL arrives on Thursday.  Was gone all day yesterday and didn't have time to put together a plan for the week, but only time to hit the grocery store was this morning, so hoping I can wing it with what I have.

Last night we had grilled flank steak, grilled red potatoes and onions, and green beans.

This morning dh informed me that he has to take some clients to dinner so I'm just going to make some calzones with some dough I bought last week.  Kids will have meatball and sausage calzones, mine will be vegetable calzone.  We'll have a salad with it.

Rest of the week - no idea.  Have Communion rehearsal right at dinner time tomorrow night and I'm on a field trip all day, so will probably just get the Tuesday pizza deal from Whole Foods.

Wednesday, I'm thinking Lime Chicken with rice and veggies.

Thursday, no idea.  Have a lacrosse game and two lacrosse practices to get kids to/from, and MIL arrives.  I may have to pull out the dreaded crockpot.

Friday, no idea

Saturday - big celebration!  The chef is amazing so I'm looking forward to our meal.  We are going to the same place where dh and I had our wedding reception years ago.

Pages