Sun, 06-23-2013 - 6:41pm

SUN: whole chicken on the grill, beet and walnut salad

MON: potato zucchini pancakes, ham steak

TUES: Red beans and rice, turkey smoked sausage

WED: Mexican stuffed chicken breasts, sautéed new potatoes, green beans

THURS: Shrimp tacos, black bean salad

FRI: grilled pork chops, baby bella mushrooms, garlic bread

SAT: we'll be at an amusement park all day, so carp food

SUN: we have family coming to town.  pork loins on the grill, tomato/cucumber salad, corn on the cob

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 5:21pm

I have no idea what I'm doing this week, lol.  Dh is taking the big kids camping.  We are having lasagna tonight, and will probably have left over's later in the week.  There is chicken and rice in the fridge from last night, so we'll have those left overs another night.  And the littles love breakfast for dinner, so pancakes it will be....and I will probably take them out one night this week too.  Did I mention that I hate cooking, lol?

Ducky

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 2:48pm

Gesch - I love kale and chard with italian sausage.  I think your dh and I would get along lol.  And, do you (errr, does he) have a recipe for the garlic scape soup?

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 1:49pm

Ugh!  LOL.  actually on Saturday that wouldn't have been *so* bad.  Yesterday I was painting in the basement, tho and it was warm enough I wouldn't have wanted to be standing over steam like that :)  Today?  Today will be interesting :)  I may have to pony up for a window unit for the bedroom just to tide me over til Friday :D

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 12:58pm

grapthars_hammer wrote:
<p>My AC is dead and not getting replaced until Thursday and Friday.  I"m grilling chicken before dawn tomorrow and will have that with salad the rest of the week.  There will be no cooking until the AC is back. </p><p>#downsidetooldbrickhouses</p>

I made two batches of jam this weekend.  Nothing like boiling big pots of water to heat up a house.  @@

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 12:56pm

DH is making all of this stuff.

Monday--Swiss chard and Sausage Pasta

Tuesday--Spinach Curry and Bread

Wednesday--Steak, Broccoli, Pea, Scape, Onion Stir Fry with Rice with Cilantro

Thursday--Radish, Cream Cheese, and Spinach Sandwiches with Cilantro

Friday--Cream of Spinach and Garlic Scape soup with Cilantro
Saturday--Sausage and Kale Pasta

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 10:54am

Nothing exciting and no set days. We went out to dinner last night and wouldn't you know the place called what I ordered Veal CUTLET Parmigiana lol. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 9:54am

Sunday:  BBQ pork steaks and salad

Monday:  Grilled chicken salad with black beans, corn and assorted veggies.  

Tuesday:  Crock pot pulled pork, roasted green beans and potatoes

Wednesday:  BBQ pulled pork salad with assorted veggies and french bread.

Thursday-Saturday:  No clue, I'm on the road again....

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-23-2013 - 7:03pm

My AC is dead and not getting replaced until Thursday and Friday.  I"m grilling chicken before dawn tomorrow and will have that with salad the rest of the week.  There will be no cooking until the AC is back. 

#downsidetooldbrickhouses