Meal plan for the week of 8/10:

iVillage Member
Meal plan for the week of 8/10:
Sat, 08-10-2013 - 5:22pm

Sat: parmesan acorn squash, applewood smoked bacon pork roast, roasted Brussels sprouts

Sun: apple chipotle grilled chicken quarters, shaved carrot and zucchini salad, cheddar bacon drop biscuits

Mon: Lemon chicken with capers, couscous, tomato/cucumber/feta salad

Tues: Black pepper caramel shrimp, rice

Wed: Fettucini with goat cheese, arugula and tomatoes; Italian sausage

Thurs: Grilled okra, grilled smoked sausage, hot german potato salad

Fri: grilled peppercorn beef, diablo corn

Sat: Grilled apple chipotle pork chops, veggies

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-11-2013 - 12:19pm

[quote=savcal2011]<p>I love okra.  My fave way is fried (of course!) but I don't do that often.   But I grill it a lot; sprinkle with evoo, salt and pepper and put over the coals until they start to char and pop open.  Yummmm!!

I am fairly sure that I would like it fried but have not tried it since I do not need to add another item to my fried food lists.   DH will be having some for lunch.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-11-2013 - 12:02pm

I love okra.  My fave way is fried (of course!) but I don't do that often.   But I grill it a lot; sprinkle with evoo, salt and pepper and put over the coals until they start to char and pop open.  Yummmm!!

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-11-2013 - 2:59am

No real plans this week. DD is in the country untill Wednesday, so I am skipping the cooking as much as possible. 

Yesterday I made a leek and feta pie. I have a large pie tin, about 12 inches across, so a pie like that feeds us for 2-3 days, with a tomato salad thrown in here and there.

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-10-2013 - 9:07pm

Didn't go shopping yet so not sure what I will make this week. Tonight we had hamburgers/cheeseburgers, cucumber/tomato/onion salad and chips. 

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-10-2013 - 7:29pm

I had roasted okra for the first time today.   Spending much of his youth in Louisana DH grew up eating okra.  I never had it until I was an adult and only in gumbo.  Decided to buy some fresh okra and roast it today. DH liked it, me not so much.

As I have posted previously I do not plan a menu.  Tonight we had New York strip steak, corn on the cob, roasted okra and salad.

Tomorrow the girls are coming over for lunch so it will be our big meal of the day. We are getting take-out chicken and sides.  Will serve a fruit salad with it.