Meal plan for the week of 8/18:

iVillage Member
Meal plan for the week of 8/18:
Sun, 08-18-2013 - 4:09pm

SUN: apple chipotle pork chops (grilled), apple jerk slaw, mashed potatoes, fried okra

MON: Grilled beef loin, diablo corn, grilled squash

TUES: Two potato and beet hash, ham steak, cantaloupe

WED: Italian sausage with peppers and onions, garlic cheese bread, tomato and cucumber salad

THURS: out - I have Zumbageddon at 7. So I'll probably stay late at the office and grab a sandwich from the student store across the way; don't know what kids and dh will do

FRI: Peanut butter noodles, teriyaki chicken, veggie

SAT:  If we don't go to my mom's, we'll have tacos. 

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-18-2013 - 5:20pm

This weekend I made chicken marinated in spicy yogurt, breaded and baked; a spinach and feta pie; chickpea and veggie salad; garlic dip, which we ate with slices of fried eggplant - so good. The best garlic dip is from stale whole-wheat, dense bread, walnuts and, of course, garlic.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-18-2013 - 7:43pm

Let's see...haven't done one of these in awhile, I am looking forward to being back into a semi-normal routine! 

Sunday:  Chicken, BLT Panini's, roasted potatoes, with the L and T from the garden.

Monday:  Tortellini with prosciutto, diced tomatos and fresh peas from the garden.  Garlic bread

Tuesday:  Pulled pork, roasted potatoes and broccoli

Wednesday:  Grilled hamburgers (with lettuce and tomatoes from the garden), baked potatoes and green beans.

Thursday:  Penne pasta with mushrooms, italian sausage and a red sauce from the garden tomatoes.  Garlic Bread.

Friday:  Out with friends

Saturday:  BBQ/pool party at a friends, I'm taking a Panzanella (bread & tomato) salad, using the tomatoes (anyone seeing a theme here? lol) and basil from the garden.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-18-2013 - 7:49pm

rollmops2009 wrote:
<p>This weekend I made chicken marinated in spicy yogurt, breaded and baked; a spinach and feta pie; chickpea and veggie salad; garlic dip, which we ate with slices of fried eggplant - so good. The best garlic dip is from stale whole-wheat, dense bread, walnuts and, of course, garlic.</p>

How do you marinate the chicken in yogurt, what spices and I assume..plain greek yogurt?

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-19-2013 - 3:48am
How do you marinate the chicken in yogurt, what spices and I assume..plain greek yogurt? ------ I use cut up, skin-less chicken, bone in. Mix plain, Greek yogurt with chopped cilantro and curry (but you could really use any flavors you like, mint and cumin might be nice, for example). Leave in fridge a bit. Then I mix some olive oil into breadcrumbs, just enough to moisten them slightly. Take chicken with yogurt on, coat in crumbs, lay on non-stick paper on a baking sheet and bake about 40 minutes, turning once.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-19-2013 - 8:01am

Sun and today(leftovers): baked chicken breasts with yummy bottled sauce (Iron chef General Tso's).  Roasted zucchini, onions, peppers, etc.

Tues.: On the bbq ~ whole corn, cubed tators/onions and burgers/dogs

Wed.:  Ceasar salads with chicken, baked eggplant slices

Thurs.: eat-out

Friday: barbecued chicken breasts, bbq tomatoes and corn

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-20-2013 - 8:04pm

Sunday was a pot luck at friends' house.

Monday: Spaghetti, green beans, salad & bread

Tuesday:  Dh is cooking, not sure what's on the menu

Wednesay:  Breakfast

Thursday: Tacos with all the fixings

Friday: out with friends

Saturday:  Enchiladas, and I'm making a double batch, as we are taking a pan full to friends who have had a death in the family.