!! Monday !!

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
!! Monday !!
168
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 7:52am

If you are married, How many years did you wait- if any - to have children after getting married?

Are there any things you miss doing before kids?  If so, what?

Is your life now what you expected it would be 10 or 20 years ago? 

At what point do you self actualize?  Do you believe in it?

What's on your agenda this week?

 

 

 

 


 


Pages

Avatar for rollmops2009
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-24-2009
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 3:53pm
"James 2: 15-16: "15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?"" ----------- Yes, and all the jokes, chats and distraction were immensely appreciated. Not a physical need perhaps ;) but close enough.
Avatar for rollmops2009
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-24-2009
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 3:51pm
Jams wrote: "find more fun playing sides than fair and intelligent debate." -------- I have been completely factual, fair and polite. You, OTOH, have repeatedly avoided clarifying or backing your points.
iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 3:51pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">ducky1st89</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;Jambles, why do you think these *support groups* exist in the first place?&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>It's family support for families going through the same things, They sources of peace and tranquility.  Another non-debatable point.  Do answer your own questions. </p>

No, they are not sources of peace and tranquility, they are sources of support...requests for prayers, updates and trying to understand the why of many things.  They are far from peace and tranquility.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-22-2013
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 3:50pm

litlmiss_cantbewrong wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">BeaArthurisMyReligion</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;isn't it littlemiss?  She has friends and family who don't want 'depressing' updates... some source of support huh?&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>Yes I think a lot of people's idea of support with this kind of thing is to tell the parent that God wouldnt' give them more than they could handle...which is crap.</p>

I hate that whole "God never gives you more than you can handle" crap.  It's not just untrue, it's vicious, mean and callous.  God OFTEN gives us more than we can handle.  And when He does, that's the cue for any real believer of God to step up and take on some of that load themselves.  That's WHY we're here; to carry the load for our fellow humans when they are heavy laden.

James 2: 15-16: "15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?"

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 3:50pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
I don't know all the thousands of families that blog on caring bridge, No. I've also said there is no hard evidence to prove what real life families are going through outside what we do ourselves and who we know. If your image is that most are "utterly distraught" I don't agree.

Then I don't think you are looking carefully, you only are seeing what you want to see.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-05-2007
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 3:49pm
"I think some, including her find more fun playing sides than fair and intelligent debate." Dear Lord woman.... I can't believe that you had the never to post that, lol.

*********

Ducky

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 3:49pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">ducky1st89</em> wrote:</div>"How familiar are you with caring bridge ...." So, a sight that shares encouraging stories and hope is your proof that families with terminally ill children are living in bliss? Really? Jambles, I don't think that you even have a clue about that of which you speak....</blockquote></p><p>It's a popular site, meaning it's followers number the thousands if not millions.  Yes, it does support the point I made about the peace many families find in raising ill children.  I'm sorry you fail to understand that and chose to continually attack my person instead. </p>

Is that why you continue to judge and attack my personal decisions about private/public school, because you fail to understand?  You bring it up in almost every thread, despite the irrelevance most of the time and then refuse to debate the issues you say you want to debate.  

PumpkinAngel

Avatar for rollmops2009
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-24-2009
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 3:49pm
"Then we agree, There are people at peace with ill children! The communities speak for themselves and I'm privleged to know a lot of the families that are there." -------------- No, that is not at all what I said. Either you are incapable of understanding or else you are refusing to understand.
iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 3:47pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">ducky1st89</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;"What's the motive behind the question.. I mean if I say I only know one does that make me less informed than someone that may know 100? "&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Well Jambles, b/c there is a lot more to life with an ill child than what gets posted on message boards liek caring bridge.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;"there are groups, both face to face and online communities that support and encourage eachother. Caring bridge is just one of thousands, That's not even debatable, It's a fact! "&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Again Jambles, you might have a point if anyone had said otherwise.  We aren't debating the FACT that online communities like that exists.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Shaking my head.&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>The fact that both real life/face to face and online communities exist and are used is evidence on this debate board that many if not most families are thriving and at peace with ill/disabled children.  Thank you for recognizing that. </p>

No, it's the opposite...if all of these families were at peace, they wouldn't need a support network.  If parents were at peace, they wouldn't need support to get through these tough issues.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 3:47pm

thardy2001 wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">jamblessedthree</em> wrote:</div>Yes you have, bord. Maybe I'm confusing you saying it here for you saying it on the other debate board but it's out there.</blockquote></p><p>Yep, Jamblessed.  You are correct.  Bord, the great educator, earlier concluded autistic children are in a state of nirvana:</p><p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">bordwithyou</em> wrote:</div>  In that case, most everyone I know is "self-actualized." The "pretending/posing" bit usually wears off in high school or late teens, IME. I'm thinking that the most content/at peace person I ever observed was the severely autistic daughter of a friend, who at the age of three, had all if her needs met and was blissfully happy and at peace as long as she could sit by the window and sift puzzle pieces through her fingers. Funny how her patents lay siege to that particular state of nirvana.</blockquote></p><p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">bordwithyou</em> wrote:</div>  It means that her parents used every possible means they could think of to make her interact with a world she was perfectly content to ignore, because at some point, the parental gods would no longer be able to, or be around to, fulfill her every need so that she could remain on that state of perfect contentment.</blockquote></p><p>Talk about ignorance.</p>

I guess thardy.  I think some, including her find more fun playing sides than fair and intelligent debate. 

 


 


Pages