So, how's your day going?

Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
So, how's your day going?
42
Tue, 07-08-2014 - 9:37am

I have a sinking feeling that this day may suck, much like yesterday.

I didn't sleep well last night.  Took forever to get to sleep, then I was hot and sticky, then cold, then a junebug attacked me, tossed and turned much of the night. I had planned to be at work early, but slept 1/2 hour longer than planned to see if I could get some real sleep (no), so was only at work at regular time. This is after I spilled my two beautiful over easy eggs on the floor. And the damned dog wouldn't eat it, so I had to clean it up, lol.

So, how's your day going?

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-22-2009
Tue, 07-08-2014 - 2:45pm

 Pretty good.

I woke up on the 4th sick.  Am just about back to normal now.

Easy week at work which is unusual coming off of having two days off.  Worked 6 hours yesterday and 5 today. Tomorrow should also be 5-6 hours.  

The Astro's beat the Rangers last night. 

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-22-2013
Tue, 07-08-2014 - 7:08pm

I have a rule though. If a tampon infiltrates a food item, it's no longer fit for eating. This rule has served me well so far.

I think that's a good rule :)

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-22-2013
Wed, 07-09-2014 - 1:31pm

Today is fine but since this was from yesterday it was just one thing after another. We were delayed 3 hours for our flight out of Baltimore, hit horrible, horrible, turbulance. The kind of stuff that even the flight attendants are not allowed to get up. Then when we finally landed about midnight, no luggage was to be found as it was never transferred from our original starting point. Part of that was my fault by not making sure they said my final destination but I have never used this airlines before and when we left, our airport worked off our confirmation number and did the transfer. Low and behold, we got our luggage, safe and sound this morning back at the airport and a $50 voucher for another flight. 

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-22-2000
Wed, 07-09-2014 - 2:07pm

blackandwhitemolly wrote:
<p>Today is fine but since this was from yesterday it was just one thing after another. We were delayed 3 hours for our flight out of Baltimore, hit horrible, horrible, turbulance. The kind of stuff that even the flight attendants are not allowed to get up. Then when we finally landed about midnight, no luggage was to be found as it was never transferred from our original starting point. Part of that was my fault by not making sure they said my final destination but I have never used this airlines before and when we left, our airport worked off our confirmation number and did the transfer. Low and behold, we got our luggage, safe and sound this morning back at the airport and a $50 voucher for another flight. </p>

ACK!  So glad that today is better.


iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Wed, 07-09-2014 - 4:47pm

blackandwhitemolly wrote:
<p>Today is fine but since this was from yesterday it was just one thing after another. We were delayed 3 hours for our flight out of Baltimore, hit horrible, horrible, turbulance. The kind of stuff that even the flight attendants are not allowed to get up. Then when we finally landed about midnight, no luggage was to be found as it was never transferred from our original starting point. Part of that was my fault by not making sure they said my final destination but I have never used this airlines before and when we left, our airport worked off our confirmation number and did the transfer. Low and behold, we got our luggage, safe and sound this morning back at the airport and a $50 voucher for another flight. </p>
.  And that is why I never check luggage!  Glad it all worked out, and welcome back!

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-22-2013
Wed, 07-09-2014 - 5:54pm

ACK!  So glad that today is better.

Thanks, me too lol

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-22-2013
Wed, 07-09-2014 - 5:58pm

And that is why I never check luggage!  Glad it all worked out, and welcome back!

Yeah, many people don't anymore. At least I know now though if I ever have to use that airline again or use 2 different ones and use transfers.

Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Wed, 07-09-2014 - 8:33pm

bordwithyou wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">blackandwhitemolly</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;Today is fine but since this was from yesterday it was just one thing after another. We were delayed 3 hours for our flight out of Baltimore, hit horrible, horrible, turbulance. The kind of stuff that even the flight attendants are not allowed to get up. Then when we finally landed about midnight, no luggage was to be found as it was never transferred from our original starting point. Part of that was my fault by not making sure they said my final destination but I have never used this airlines before and when we left, our airport worked off our confirmation number and did the transfer. Low and behold, we got our luggage, safe and sound this morning back at the airport and a $50 voucher for another flight. &lt;/p&gt;</blockquote>.  And that is why I never check luggage!  Glad it all worked out, and welcome back!</p>

I check everything I can.  Getting through security is much more of a pain in the ass than checking luggage is.   I take up very little overhead bin space too!

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-22-2009
Wed, 07-09-2014 - 8:50pm

savcal2011 wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">bordwithyou</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&gt;&lt;div class="quote-author"&gt;&lt;em class="placeholder"&gt;blackandwhitemolly&lt;/em&gt; wrote:&lt;/div&gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Today is fine but since this was from yesterday it was just one thing after another. We were delayed 3 hours for our flight out of Baltimore, hit horrible, horrible, turbulance. The kind of stuff that even the flight attendants are not allowed to get up. Then when we finally landed about midnight, no luggage was to be found as it was never transferred from our original starting point. Part of that was my fault by not making sure they said my final destination but I have never used this airlines before and when we left, our airport worked off our confirmation number and did the transfer. Low and behold, we got our luggage, safe and sound this morning back at the airport and a $50 voucher for another flight. &amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;.  And that is why I never check luggage!  Glad it all worked out, and welcome back!&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>I check everything I can.  Getting through security is much more of a pain in the ass than checking luggage is.   I take up very little overhead bin space too! </p>

I have only not checked my luggage once, when I flew up for my Grandmother's funeral.  I think that there  are pluses and minuses to both.  With the security now I think that it is easier to not check.  Do not have to worry as much about what you can or cannot take.   I usually take either a back pack or a purse large enough to carry my tablet that fits  under my seat so do not use any overhead space.

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Wed, 07-09-2014 - 8:56pm

savcal2011 wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">bordwithyou</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&gt;&lt;div class="quote-author"&gt;&lt;em class="placeholder"&gt;blackandwhitemolly&lt;/em&gt; wrote:&lt;/div&gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Today is fine but since this was from yesterday it was just one thing after another. We were delayed 3 hours for our flight out of Baltimore, hit horrible, horrible, turbulance. The kind of stuff that even the flight attendants are not allowed to get up. Then when we finally landed about midnight, no luggage was to be found as it was never transferred from our original starting point. Part of that was my fault by not making sure they said my final destination but I have never used this airlines before and when we left, our airport worked off our confirmation number and did the transfer. Low and behold, we got our luggage, safe and sound this morning back at the airport and a $50 voucher for another flight. &amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;.  And that is why I never check luggage!  Glad it all worked out, and welcome back!&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>I check everything I can.  Getting through security is much more of a pain in the ass than checking luggage is.   I take up very little overhead bin space too! </p>
.  The only issue with security is srparating out your liquids/gels.  I just keep the bag of that stuff in a handy place and zip it in and out pretty easily.   I would have the same issue if I checked luggage because I would never travel without one nights supply of deodorant/toithpaste just I. Case of lost luggage, and you have to pull that out anyway.