Summer Wednesday

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Summer Wednesday
478
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 8:31am

1. Does your home have CAC or AC Units?

2. Does your job now, or any job you ever had, have early days off in the Summer?

3. What is the most romantic thing anyone has done for you?

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:40am

springfever2013 wrote:
<blockquote><div style="font-weight:bold"><em>springfever2013</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style="font-size:13px"&gt;It's also physically impossible to lurk on blocked pages.  &lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;strong&gt;&lt;span style="font-size:x-small"&gt;&lt;span&gt;Really? I had someone try to subscribe to me using another family members facebook while THEY were blocked on mine. &lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote><p style="font-size:13px"></p><p style="font-size:13px">Yes, really....that's the purpose of blocking.</p><p style="font-size:13px"><strong>How well does that type of blocking work then if they use another account to find you and try to subscribe to you? lol</strong></p>

I don't know, but I know that you know the answer to that question based on your past activity on facebook, so perhaps you could answer it?

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-07-2003
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:40am
What did Ducky mention?
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-05-2007
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:41am
" I wish they would fix the log in/out issues, seems like there are a number of us having trouble with those issues." This place is a pita... slow to load, automatically logs out, trouble logging in, the edit feature doesn't work, etc....

*********

Ducky

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-22-2013
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:41am

springfever2013 wrote:
<blockquote>Why would you block them and not just defriend them?&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote><p style="font-size:13px"></p><p style="font-size:13px">Because if you have mutual friends, you can still see them from time to time.</p><p style="font-size:13px"><strong>I don't have many friends on fb that ANNOY me THAT much to block and not just de-friend and then see them on occasion.  </strong></p><p style="font-size:13px"></p>

I don't either.  It's extremely rare that I block someone; that person has to really cross a line to be blocked.  Stuff like disclosing things on my FB to others who aren't on my friends list--things like that.  And really I can only think of two people who have ever done that to me.  And at that point, I figure they're really not my friend anyway--no sense keeping them around.

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:42am

"I don't, never said I did. I said I am BLESSED with the relationship I have as I know that others do not have what I have and they comment all the time." Yes, you are saying you are blessed BECAUSE (that's what the causal "as" does syntacticaly) you know that others do not have what you have. You seem ti be wallowing in other people's misery to validate your own position in life. If that is not what you are doing, your actions don't match your words.

No, you are not reading what I am posting then. I have comforted many friends with break ups of relationships, marriages, things that have happened to them. I have helped them out in many ways. I never WALLOWED in their misery. That is just HORRIBLE. Why can't you be blessed AND help others out and REALIZE that not EVERYONE can have what you might have (not only love but other things in your life) but it doesn't make you happy, unless it makes YOU happy that they don't have what you have. 

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:42am
Spring, it's as if you and Jambles are trying to engage us all in an online version of "What's My Line?" Or "I've Got a Secret." No thanks. We already know the line, and I don't want to know any secrets. They might make me an accessory.
Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:42am

grapthars_hammer wrote:
I disagree that the issue is the ease of divorce, but rather the ease of marriage.   It's too easy to get married.  I don't know of a single couple who divorced casually; I know of more than one couple who married that way.  Among the divorced people I know, most of them stayed together TOO long, well past the point where a healthy marriage was even remotely possible.  And they did so because they didn't WANT to take "the easy way out"--as if divorce is simple.</p><p>I think it's really arrogant for people who have never divorced to act all self-righteous about how they've remained married.  They aren't morally better than those who divorce and they aren't superior for having allegedly "worked harder"--try holding together a crumbling dam for a year or two, only to fail and then talk to me about how easy divorce is.</p><p>And again, let us remember, I am neither married NOR divorced.  I'm just able to see what's right in front of me.</p>

Well said, Grap, well said.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:42am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px">Because I don't care.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:x-small"><span>Or because you are WELL aware of where they saw them. Ducky just mentioned something. Did that just APPEAR online too? lol</span></span></strong></p>

No, really it's because I don't care.  

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-05-2007
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:43am
"the point is people get divorced way too easily now instead of realizing that marriage is work and putting up with stupid things .." Wow, I am sorry that you know so many people who are willing to throw away a marriage and a family over such trivial matters. Those whom I've known to get divorced had some very, very servious issues. :(

*********

Ducky

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-05-2007
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:45am
"I am truly blessed with my marriage and it is hard to find one like mine anymore" Again, that's really too bad. It's not so uncommon *by me*.

*********

Ducky

Pages