Summer Wednesday

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Summer Wednesday
478
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 8:31am

1. Does your home have CAC or AC Units?

2. Does your job now, or any job you ever had, have early days off in the Summer?

3. What is the most romantic thing anyone has done for you?

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:07am

<You DO know the divorce statistic is OVER 50% and then goes higher for subsequent marriages, right? Many of my friends and family relationships either don't make it to the 20 year mark. >>

I would say the opposite in my experiences, many are already over the 20 year mark in our couples group.

That is great but that is not my own personal friends and family statistic. You DO know that is the statistic for ALL married people, correct? lol.

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:07am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px">Oh, sorry...I have no clue as to what's on your facebook page only know what is posted in the thread up there, she's just the only one constantly mentioning what is on your facebook page, so I took a guess.  I will amend my comment to stay I don't know anyone other than Jams who looks at your facebook page on a regular basis.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:x-small"><span>My pictures are only on facebook. How would anyone know if I "look" like I am not at my ideal weight?</span></span></strong></p>

Well, I could guess if you like?  Maybe it was something similar that happened to me a few years ago.  There was a photo of me that was only one site, a site I never mentioned or linked to and the photo/website had a copyright policy but that photo showed up in a personal album that was once linked to a board that I participated.  That was pretty shocking to not only see the theft of personal property but to see it copied into a personal page, which was also against the policies of the photo website, so really two illegal acts there.  

But I don't think facebook has that policy about pictures as th other two websites wher the photo was stolen and then illegally copied, I have seen my pictures from facebook in web searches and mine is locked down pretty well.  shrug, facebook is not exactly private, lol.


PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:08am

I don't lurk on the pages of people I've blocked.. that's why I've blocked them. 

You USUALLY block someone so THEY can't see your page. lol. 

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:08am
Well, the fact that you throw out insults and falsehoods and then abandon the debate is proof of the fact that you don't really want to debate the issue. Since you've said your piece, here's hoping you'll have the decency to leave my kids out of future discussions.
Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:08am
It's your turn to defend your position on schools. You've gone as far as calling public an institution of rats and incompetent teachers. Has the older your kids have become changed your mind at all about those former opinions, Bord? TIA. I have answered your questions, The last of which wasn't even a question but an assumption which doesn't deserve the satisfaction of a reply.

 

 

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:10am

jamblessedthree wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">bordwithyou</em> wrote:</div>The fact that Jambles doesn't debate the issue given every opportunity to do so points to the fact that she doesn't care to debate. Innuendo, snide digs, and falsehoods are so much easier, and for some, more fun.</blockquote></p><p>What don't I debate and why the snide remark about me again, bord? </p>

I think it's more of a factual statement than a snide remark.  There was no deception on bord's part or even malice that I can read, just a factual statement based on comments.  

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:10am

I disagree that the issue is the ease of divorce, but rather the ease of marriage.   It's too easy to get married.  I don't know of a single couple who divorced casually; I know of more than one couple who married that way.  Among the divorced people I know, most of them stayed together TOO long, well past the point where a healthy marriage was even remotely possible.  And they did so because they didn't WANT to take "the easy way out"--as if divorce is simple.

True, there are always a million reasons why people get divorced and while divorce is NOT easy, people don't stay together and work things out as well as older people who have been married 50 + years have done in the past.

I think it's really arrogant for people who have never divorced to act all self-righteous about how they've remained married.  They aren't morally better than those who divorce and they aren't superior for having allegedly "worked harder"--try holding together a crumbling dam for a year or two, only to fail and then talk to me about how easy divorce is.

I agree but I do think that many older couples have worked through the issues that younger couples don't want to anymore.

And again, let us remember, I am neither married NOR divorced.  I'm just able to see what's right in front of me.

Laughing

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:11am
Spring, I think if you check carefully, you'll find you were the only one to mention any Easter picture.
iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:11am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px">Yes, we know the divorce statistics. It's just that among our friends, marriage longevity is much more common than not. Most of our friends have long since crlebrated their silver anniversary.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px">That is great, truly. I LOVE to hear stories like that especially in this day of people divorcing because they left they left toothpaste in the sink. (and NO I do not know someone like that but the point is people get divorced way too easily now instead of realizing that marriage is work and putting up with stupid things like that).</span></strong></p>

I have to agree with you here spring, I do think that it's too easy to get divorced these days.  

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-22-2013
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:12am

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px">I don't lurk on the pages of people I've blocked.. that's why I've blocked them. </span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px">You USUALLY block someone so THEY can't see your page. lol. </span></strong></p>

Maybe that's what YOU usually do.  when I block someone, it's so I don't have to see the dam stupid posts that annoyed me enough to block them in the first place.

Pages