Super Sunday

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Super Sunday
590
Sun, 04-14-2013 - 1:03pm

1. What's for dinner?

2. When invited to BBQ's in the summer, what signature dish do you usually bring?

3. Where did your parents meet?

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Tue, 04-16-2013 - 6:30pm
springfever2013 wrote:
<blockquote><div style="font-weight:bold"><em>thardy2001</em> wrote:</div><span>&lt;p&gt;&lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&gt;&lt;div class="quote-author"&gt;&lt;em class="placeholder"&gt;bordwithyou&lt;/em&gt; wrote:&lt;/div&gt;  Well, that's why I said you neither seem to want to discuss issues or be friends, two reasons why people would come to a debate board.  Defending Twinkies Pie over Manwich is not "debating."  And you never seem to join threads where real issues are being debated.  The only reason I can think of for you being here is to try to dig up dirt and point out people's weaknesses.  Back in the old days, we used to discuss ideas, and point out flaws in people's arguments about real issues.  The board was enjoyable then, both because I learned things from other people, and I got to know them as people.&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;That's not true at all.  The difference between today's board and old days was the much greater # of people.  It was fun, and it wasn't the How can We Bash Spring Today Board.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Even today, you never post to Spring unless it is to attack her personally.  Spring, the person.  You never post to me unless it's to be snarky.  But I'm glad several days later, you finally spoke out against RG's posts.&lt;/p&gt;</span></blockquote><p style="text-align:left"></p><p style="text-align:left"></p><p><span>Why do you think the board has so few people?  They left because it just isn't fun anymore.  Part of it's structural.   Part of it's personal.</span></p><p>and why ditht he board get so dead when I was gone but suddenly, everyone came out of the woodwork. Why would that be? I didnt make anyone leave or return. </p><p><span><br /></span></p><p><span><br /></span></p>

Soap Operas are fun.  Good ones get high ratings. ,........

So basically no one has anything going on if I am not around? 

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Tue, 04-16-2013 - 6:29pm

springfever2013 wrote:
thardy2001 wrote:<blockquote><div><em>savcal2011</em> wrote:</div> To protect one's children? Nope. The fact that there was a potential threat to her children is what is scary.&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote><p><span style="text-decoration:underline">Bord wouldn't even file a police report when her kid was getting sexted by not just one but several girls.</span> <span style="text-decoration:underline">Even Bord acknowledged that her own son could be in trouble with the law if he were caught with the pics on his account. </span> This is not a woman to be believed. It is wholly inconsistent with everything she's said.</p> Oh, good heavens. And now you know why people are reluctant to speak openly on the board....... Touché, now you know how I feel. Why didnt you do anything about it?

Why didn't I do anything about what?

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Tue, 04-16-2013 - 6:28pm
thardy2001 wrote:

savcal2011 wrote:
To protect one's children? Nope. The fact that there was a potential threat to her children is what is scary.</p>

Bord wouldn't even file a police report when her kid was getting sexted by not just one but several girls. Even Bord acknowledged that her own son could be in trouble with the law if he were caught with the pics on his account. This is not a woman to be believed. It is wholly inconsistent with everything she's said.

Oh, good heavens. And now you know why people are reluctant to speak openly on the board....... Touché, now you know how I feel. Why didnt you do anything about it?
iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Tue, 04-16-2013 - 6:27pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<blockquote><div style="font-weight:bold"><em>thardy2001</em> wrote:</div><span>&lt;p&gt;&lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&gt;&lt;div class="quote-author"&gt;&lt;em class="placeholder"&gt;bordwithyou&lt;/em&gt; wrote:&lt;/div&gt;  Well, that's why I said you neither seem to want to discuss issues or be friends, two reasons why people would come to a debate board.  Defending Twinkies Pie over Manwich is not "debating."  And you never seem to join threads where real issues are being debated.  The only reason I can think of for you being here is to try to dig up dirt and point out people's weaknesses.  Back in the old days, we used to discuss ideas, and point out flaws in people's arguments about real issues.  The board was enjoyable then, both because I learned things from other people, and I got to know them as people.&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;That's not true at all.  The difference between today's board and old days was the much greater # of people.  It was fun, and it wasn't the How can We Bash Spring Today Board.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Even today, you never post to Spring unless it is to attack her personally.  Spring, the person.  You never post to me unless it's to be snarky.  But I'm glad several days later, you finally spoke out against RG's posts.&lt;/p&gt;</span></blockquote><p style="text-align:left"></p><p style="text-align:left"></p><p><span>Why do you think the board has so few people?  They left because it just isn't fun anymore.  Part of it's structural.   Part of it's personal.</span></p><p>and why ditht he board get so dead when I was gone but suddenly, everyone came out of the woodwork. Why would that be? I didnt make anyone leave or return. </p><p><span><br /></span></p><p><span><br /></span></p>

Soap Operas are fun.  Good ones get high ratings. 

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Tue, 04-16-2013 - 6:24pm

thardy2001 wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">savcal2011</em> wrote:</div> To protect one's children? Nope. The fact that there was a potential threat to her children is what is scary.&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline">Bord wouldn't even file a police report when her kid was getting sexted by not just one but several girls.</span>  <span style="text-decoration:underline">Even Bord acknowledged that her own son could be in trouble with the law if he were caught with the pics on his account. </span> This is not a woman to be believed.  It is wholly inconsistent with everything she's said.</p>
  Oh, good heavens.  And now you know why people are reluctant to speak openly on the board.

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Tue, 04-16-2013 - 6:22pm
thardy2001 wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">bordwithyou</em> wrote:</div>  Well, that's why I said you neither seem to want to discuss issues or be friends, two reasons why people would come to a debate board.  Defending Twinkies Pie over Manwich is not "debating."  And you never seem to join threads where real issues are being debated.  The only reason I can think of for you being here is to try to dig up dirt and point out people's weaknesses.  Back in the old days, we used to discuss ideas, and point out flaws in people's arguments about real issues.  The board was enjoyable then, both because I learned things from other people, and I got to know them as people.&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>That's not true at all.  The difference between today's board and old days was the much greater # of people.  It was fun, and it wasn't the How can We Bash Spring Today Board.</p><p>Even today, you never post to Spring unless it is to attack her personally.  Spring, the person.  You never post to me unless it's to be snarky.  But I'm glad several days later, you finally spoke out against RG's posts.</p>

Why do you think the board has so few people?  They left because it just isn't fun anymore.  Part of it's structural.   Part of it's personal.

and why ditht he board get so dead when I was gone but suddenly, everyone came out of the woodwork. Why would that be? I didnt make anyone leave or return. 



iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Tue, 04-16-2013 - 6:19pm

thardy2001 wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">bordwithyou</em> wrote:</div>  Well, that's why I said you neither seem to want to discuss issues or be friends, two reasons why people would come to a debate board.  Defending Twinkies Pie over Manwich is not "debating."  And you never seem to join threads where real issues are being debated.  The only reason I can think of for you being here is to try to dig up dirt and point out people's weaknesses.  Back in the old days, we used to discuss ideas, and point out flaws in people's arguments about real issues.  The board was enjoyable then, both because I learned things from other people, and I got to know them as people.&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>That's not true at all.  The difference between today's board and old days was the much greater # of people.  It was fun, and it wasn't the How can We Bash Spring Today Board.</p><p>Even today, you never post to Spring unless it is to attack her personally.  Spring, the person.  You never post to me unless it's to be snarky.  But I'm glad several days later, you finally spoke out against RG's posts.</p>

Why do you think the board has so few people?  They left because it just isn't fun anymore.  Part of it's structural.   Part of it's personal.

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Tue, 04-16-2013 - 6:16pm

If off-board conversation is good enough for the three of you, why isn't it good enough for the rest of us? Spring would like nothing more than to see my hand slapped publically, but claims she would never humilate Jam by slapping her hand. That's a ridiculous double standard........

The point is a good friend would tell you when it is enough. They don't have to do it here and wouldn't expect or want them to do that. It is obvious no one finds a problem with your posts and find it funny to try and humiliate anothea woman who does not put up personal ino on them. Just because someone tells it like it is and is not afraid to, to lose friends, it does not mean they are a horrible person. I've never come on here preaching about doing the right thing and being so involved in helping others. That is called a hypocrite.

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Tue, 04-16-2013 - 6:10pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">bordwithyou</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&gt;&lt;div class="quote-author"&gt;&lt;em class="placeholder"&gt;springfever2013&lt;/em&gt; wrote:&lt;/div&gt;Would you like to repost the things you have said to RG that told her you do NOT support what she was saying and doing to me and my family? I would love to see them.&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;You know what, Spring?  I've been watching Gina for a week or so with my mouth hanging open.  The kind of behavior she's exhibiting on this board is not typical of her, at all.  But I think I know why she's doing it.  She's giving you a taste of your own medicine.  This is how you treat people ALL THE TIME.  For the entire time you have been on this board, you have done this.  You will find out some tidbit about someone, and you will insert some hint about it in every conversation.  You have been really, really mean to people.  I remember nasty things you said about husbands undergoing treatment for depression, kids who are experiencing trouble in school or socially, people who've confessed to having problems in their marriage, people who have money issues, weight issues, whatever.  You've constantly insinuated nasty things about me, from my parenting to my work performance, to my appearance, to my lack of interest in popular culture.  The worst was that poor recovering alcoholic woman from Florida and you kept slipping in little digs like "people can SAY they are "recovering," but you NEVER KNOW what goes on in real life."  Yeah, she had a relapse and she was afraid and ashamed to come back.  Congrats, you won that one.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;So, yeah, I'm kind of surprised at the vehemence with which Regina has gone after you in the last ten days or so.  But you know what?  I'm having a hard time coming up with any sympathy for you.   In the words of that country song:&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;"I really wanna care.  I wanna feel something.  Let me dig a little deeper.  Nope, sorry.....still nothing."&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>This explains a lot of the child's play that goes on then here doesn't it bord...</p>

What do you mean, Jambles?

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Tue, 04-16-2013 - 6:04pm

The thing is though, PKA/Bord could easily tell Regina that they don't agree with her OFF THIS BOARD.

I doubt she has said anything as I would think RG would respect her view to back off.

Pages