Tats for Tuesday

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Tats for Tuesday
535
Tue, 07-30-2013 - 10:21am

Why is your job an ideal one?
b.  What is the ideal job and why if you are not there?

What are you looking forward to?

Where do you see yourself five years from now?  Ten (if you can project that far ahead, Lol!)?

Bonus:  Do you like the name George?

 


 


Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-30-2013
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 3:39pm

Ehh, we'd be fine without CS. In fact, we're soon facing a significant reduction. I'm not worried. My ducks are all in a row.

Where did I say you were worried? Your ex is helping pay college too, correct?

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-30-2013
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 3:40pm

I'm not about to discuss my staff's salaries.  They cover quite a range, as some are professional, exempt positions and some are hourly, classified positions.

They are public too, correct? 

Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 3:43pm

kickboxingbabe2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Ehh, we'd be fine without CS. In fact, we're soon facing a significant reduction. I'm not worried. My ducks are all in a row.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Where did I say you were worried? Your ex is helping pay college too, correct?</span></strong></p>

Where did I say you said you were worried? Oh, that's right, I didn't.  

College savings/payments is figured into our CS calculations so that we both contribute to college savings.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-30-2013
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 3:44pm

CNN Money disagrees with you.  And agrees with Geschits.

You will have to provide a link as where I live is not on there. 

Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 3:44pm

kickboxingbabe2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">I'm not about to discuss my staff's salaries.  They cover quite a range, as some are professional, exempt positions and some are hourly, classified positions.</span></p><p style="text-align:left"><strong><span style="font-size:x-small"><span>They are public too, correct? </span></span></strong></p>

yes, they are.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-30-2013
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 3:46pm

$406 shy of $150,000 according to this calculator:  http://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/  How much do you guys make in your very high cost of living area?  You said you make roughly the same as SavCal right?  How about your DH?

Sorry, our salaries are not public. Laughing

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-30-2013
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 3:48pm

College savings/payments is figured into our CS calculations so that we both contribute to college savings.

So you don't have to save the FULL amount, correct? Besides the cs you get monthly and the medical bills he provides and other things you have already discussed for him to pay, he is helping out with college. I am sure he got a raise for moving to Germany too, right? Did you go back to court to re-configure that in too? 

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-01-2002
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 3:48pm

savcal2011 wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">kickboxingbabe2013</em> wrote:</div>&lt;div style="border-bottom-color:#cccccc; border-bottom-width:1px; border-bottom-style:solid; font-size:13px; text-align:left"&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;p&gt;Getting a better paying job is only one potential reason to get a higher education.  There are many more. And for many, increased income isn't even at the top of the list. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;strong&gt;I guess for people who don't NEED the money, it is not but I am pretty sure MOST people in the world would LIKE to make as much as they can with their degrees.&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/div&gt;</blockquote></p><p>That has not been my experience - and I work with people with terminal degrees on a daily basis. I am surrounded by them.  I don't think you can speak for *most* people.</p>

You're trying to speak for *most* people too.  Again, not my experience.  And your argument is certainly a novel one, especially with the economy as it's been.

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-01-2002
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 3:50pm

savcal2011 wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">geschichtsgal</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;Around here, they don't hire teachers unless they have a master's degree or a ton of years of experience.  So, teachers graduate with a Master of Education, but I don't think anyone decides to become a teacher because it is a well-paid profession.&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>PhDs, especially those that have been/are researchers, can make double or triple the money by working for industry. Yet there are hundreds  (in my division alone) that are here, working for a public university instead.  Why? Well, obviously they're all about the money and that's why they got a PhD.  (sarcasm disclaimer)</p>

Oh, so your argument is that people with a PhD don't get better paying jobs than those without the PhD.  Um, that was NEVER true! 

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-30-2013
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 3:50pm

yes, they are.

So I wouldn't be able to find theirs either, right? Bawhahhaaa....

Pages