Tats for Tuesday

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Tats for Tuesday
535
Tue, 07-30-2013 - 10:21am

Why is your job an ideal one?
b.  What is the ideal job and why if you are not there?

What are you looking forward to?

Where do you see yourself five years from now?  Ten (if you can project that far ahead, Lol!)?

Bonus:  Do you like the name George?

 


 


Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-30-2013
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 4:05pm

I never said you couldn't find theirs.

But really, leave my staff out of this. That would be a new low - even for you.

You also said I wouldn't be able to find yours too, remember that? I have no interest in knowing and finding out their salaries since I am sure they are much lower than the managers (as that is how it usually goes). 

Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 4:06pm

kickboxingbabe2013 wrote:
<p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">ACtually, he is furloughed one day a week right now, so his income has taken a hit. </p><p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Our CS is still based upon our 2003 salaries. Neither of us have petitioned the court for a change, even though we are entitled to do so.</p><p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left"><strong>Why wouldn't you?</strong></p>

Because we are both satisfied with the current distribution. Why go to unnecessary work, cost and hassle?

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 4:07pm

thardy2001 wrote:
Again, we have only been talking about getting the degree to get a better paying job.  We're comparing getting a masters for the job that pays better than the jobs which require only a bachelors.  The same thing with PhDs.  Those with a PhD are getting paid better than if they did not get their PhD.</p>

Umm, no we are not. Some of us are talking about how the pursuit of a higher degree isn't always about the money.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-30-2013
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 4:07pm

Because we are both satisfied with the current distribution. Why go to unnecessary work, cost and hassle?

Maybe because you would get LESS because you have gotten raises? I would be getting the MOST I could for my CHILDREN. Everyone complains that cs does not "support" a child but then you hear stories like your own where you are not even FIGHTING for your CHILDREN.

Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 4:08pm

kickboxingbabe2013 wrote:
<p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">I never said you couldn't find theirs.</p><p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">But really, leave my staff out of this. That would be a new low - even for you.</p><p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left"><strong>You also said I wouldn't be able to find yours too, remember that? I have no interest in knowing and finding out their salaries since I am sure they are much lower than the managers (as that is how it usually goes). </strong></p><p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left"></p>

1. I never said you couldn't find mine. 

2. I won't discuss anything more about my staff.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 4:09pm

<<Oh...you see I found the salaries, ones I was told I wouldn't be able to >>

Oh, I never doubted your goggle skills, I've seen them in action before...remember?  But techanically I believe it was told to springfever.  ;)

<<Nice salary-it is ok but not enough with a masters degree, IMO>

I'm pretty sure that your opinion isn't relevant here.

<<Honest living-who doesn't make an honest living? >>

People who don't make one, read the papers and/or use google skills to find the many people in the court systems that are being charged or have plead guilty.

<<Higher education mocked-nope, not mocked at all. I am ALL for higher education and the reason you get it to get a higher salary in life.>>

Yes, you mocked higher education and no, that is the reason for you to get (or not get) a higher education but shocker for you, that is not why all people obtain an education.  Not everyone is a money driven as your posts indicate.


PumpkinAngel

Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 4:09pm

kickboxingbabe2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Because we are both satisfied with the current distribution. Why go to unnecessary work, cost and hassle?</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Maybe because you would get LESS because you have gotten raises? I would be getting the MOST I could for my CHILDREN. Everyone complains that cs does not "support" a child but then you hear stories like your own where you are not even FIGHTING for your CHILDREN.</span></strong></p>

What is there to fight for? My children's quality of life wouldn't change if CS changed.

 

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 4:10pm

<<My ideal job would be p/t in the community and it would not interfere with my kids' school schedules or activity/sport schedules.  I am not motivated by money so I don't know what the pay would be but in the real world I believe most people are paid what they are worth.>>

Given your previous comments about a 5% raise and comparasion between posters about salaries, I find that interesting.  Contradicting, but interesting.


PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-01-2002
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 4:10pm

savcal2011 wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">thardy2001</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&gt;&lt;div class="quote-author"&gt;&lt;em class="placeholder"&gt;savcal2011&lt;/em&gt; wrote:&lt;/div&gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&amp;gt;&amp;lt;div class="quote-author"&amp;gt;&amp;lt;em class="placeholder"&amp;gt;kickboxingbabe2013&amp;lt;/em&amp;gt; wrote:&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;div style="border-bottom-color:#cccccc; border-bottom-width:1px; border-bottom-style:solid; font-size:13px; text-align:left"&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;div&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;div&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;div&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;p&amp;amp;gt;Getting a better paying job is only one potential reason to get a higher education.  There are many more. And for many, increased income isn't even at the top of the list. &amp;amp;lt;/p&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;/div&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;div&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;strong&amp;amp;gt;I guess for people who don't NEED the money, it is not but I am pretty sure MOST people in the world would LIKE to make as much as they can with their degrees.&amp;amp;lt;/strong&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;/div&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;/div&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;/div&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;/div&amp;amp;gt;&amp;lt;/blockquote&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;&lt;strong&gt;That has not been my experience - and I work with people with terminal degrees on a daily basis. I am surrounded by them.  I don't think you can speak for *most* people.&lt;/strong&gt;&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;You're trying to speak for *most* people too.  Again, not my experience.  And your argument is certainly a novel one, especially with the economy as it's been.&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>I'm not attempting to speak for *most*. I've said *many*.  Huge difference.</p>

Not really.  I think you're speaking about very, very limited experience.  I actually did go to schools with people who didn't need to increase their earning potential thru education.  I live among quite a few as well.  The sahm population alone, lol!   Your sample shows you don't even know of any.  That's okay ~ it's fine to admit...people go on to further education to get better paying jobs.

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 4:11pm

kickboxingbabe2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">"Your argument is valid." (Said No_Body).</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Are you trying to debate here as I don't see anything debatable?</span></strong></p>

Well then perhaps you would like to debate potato chips or name tags again, since that was ever so debatable?

PumpkinAngel

Pages