Thursday Three

iVillage Member
Thursday Three
Thu, 07-18-2013 - 9:15am

Manicured or could you care less what your yard looks like?

What kind of dresser are you - classy, trendy, bold or combination/no one particular style?

Cook in/grill out or go out on a scorching hot day?  

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-25-2013 - 2:02pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">No, in the boy's section.  I was just sharing an anecdote that  you don't have to be built like a boy to shop in the boy's section.</span></p><p style="text-align:left"><strong><span style="font-size:x-small"><span>Isn't your son a teenager? A teenage BOY. You DO realize the cut is different for boys clothes, right? Wow.</span></span></strong></p>

You're right, boys clothes are cut differently than girls too.  Not rocket science nor does it refute my statement about a boyish figure.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-25-2013 - 2:03pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">It's a yes/no question.   But since you insist that your answer was valid, then your answer is "nope".  That can be interpreted to mean that since you don't enjoy your job, you are doing it just for the money.</span></p><p style="text-align:left"><strong><span style="font-size:x-small"><span>No, I didn't say that. </span></span></strong></p>

You've actually said, in this very thread, that you only work for the money.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-25-2013 - 2:05pm

You've actually said, in this very thread, that you only work for the money.

And? That was NOT her original question.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-25-2013 - 2:07pm

thardy2001 wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">jamblessedthree</em> wrote:</div>Oh is that it, be jealous... very jealous..... Uhm, that all is junior high-ish. Even my girls don't care what size others are. I wouldn't want them hearing that's ok from college mentors either..</blockquote></p><p>Wait, why did you think she was a college mentor?  I missed that discussion.  But if it's about the college sorority, that's not a mentor, thankfully.  <span> **I think** I was in the same sorority as Queenwannabe.  But thankfully a different college and different state.   And I do vividly recall how unimportant the "adult" alumnus was to us.  The girls didn't even want her there.  But because it was a national sorority, we had to have a representative.  A different one every year because the alternative meant that kind of alumnus would have no life, lol!!!  And the last thing she did, silently taking notes and perhaps getting us funding from "national," was be a mentor to any one of us.  </span></p><p><span>After most women graduate from college, they only donate money to their college sorority.  Anything else would basically mean they have no life.  <br /></span></p>

TY for this perspective. 

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-25-2013 - 2:08pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<blockquote><div style="font-weight:bold"><em>jamblessedthree</em> wrote:</div>I have pretty much a boy-ish figure but I won't shop in the kids department, it's more an issue of style for me - lots more trendy stuff there.</blockquote><p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left"></p><p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">I guess it depends on ones style, but I would think that a girls department would be more trendy than a misses department, but that is just my experiences.</p><p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left"><strong>Then you are shopping in the wrong stores (you know the ones you like and shop: Lands End and LL Bean). </strong></p>

They didn't have either one of those in the mall that we were in.....we were in J Crew, Polo, Coach, and so on and so forth.  FYI, they don't have Lands End and LL Bean "stores" in my area. There are a couple of Sears that have LE as a department, but no stores for either...

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-25-2013 - 2:11pm

They didn't have either one of those in the mall that we were in.....we were in J Crew, Polo, Coach, and so on and so forth.  FYI, they don't have Lands End and LL Bean "stores" in my area. There are a couple of Sears that have LE as a department, but no stores for either...

But you shop them online, SAME THING. 

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-25-2013 - 2:14pm

jamblessedthree wrote:
<p><blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"><div class="quote-author"><em class="placeholder">thardy2001</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;blockquote class="quote-msg quote-nest-1 odd"&gt;&lt;div class="quote-author"&gt;&lt;em class="placeholder"&gt;jamblessedthree&lt;/em&gt; wrote:&lt;/div&gt;Oh is that it, be jealous... very jealous..... Uhm, that all is junior high-ish. Even my girls don't care what size others are. I wouldn't want them hearing that's ok from college mentors either..&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Wait, why did you think she was a college mentor?  I missed that discussion.  But if it's about the college sorority, that's not a mentor, thankfully.  &lt;span&gt; **I think** I was in the same sorority as Queenwannabe.  But thankfully a different college and different state.   And I do vividly recall how unimportant the "adult" alumnus was to us.  The girls didn't even want her there.  But because it was a national sorority, we had to have a representative.  A different one every year because the alternative meant that kind of alumnus would have no life, lol!!!  And the last thing she did, silently taking notes and perhaps getting us funding from "national," was be a mentor to any one of us.  &lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span&gt;After most women graduate from college, they only donate money to their college sorority.  Anything else would basically mean they have no life.  &lt;br /&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</blockquote></p><p>TY for this perspective. </p>

Yes, that made up experience was so helpful. <snort>

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-25-2013 - 2:15pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">No, in the boy's section.  I was just sharing an anecdote that  you don't have to be built like a boy to shop in the boy's section.</span></p><p style="text-align:left"><strong><span style="font-size:x-small"><span>Isn't your son a teenager? A teenage BOY. You DO realize the cut is different for boys clothes, right? Wow.</span></span></strong></p>

You get worked up by the most interesting things...name tages to boys clothes being worn by someone other than a boy.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-25-2013 - 2:16pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Why yes I am.  Remember past debates about kids clothing and how gawd awful that was?  Now all of a sudden it's admirable to fit into kids clothing, Haha, You figure that one out.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">I don't remember that debate but I wouldn't be going around bragging that I fit into girl's clothes. I want a WOMAN's body, not a little girl's lol.</span></strong></p>

No, I wasn't talking about the pink sub-thread.  Your mind and others went elsewhere when it comes to the clothing line pink though,  I'm sure spencers and retailers like it appreciate your business.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-25-2013 - 2:18pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Not in my field, and not at my employer.  </span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">OBVIOUSLY </span></strong></p><p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Because it's not all about the salary.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Keep telling yourself that Sav, keeping telling yourself. Bawahhaaa...</span></strong></p>

Making fun of someone....what were you saying about that and being a mentor?

PumpkinAngel