Toning Thursday

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Toning Thursday
706
Thu, 06-06-2013 - 9:48am

1. How much exercise have you gotten this week so far?

2. Do you get your father and/or the father of your child/ren something for Father's Day?

3. If you were given $10,000 today, what would you do with it?

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Mon, 06-10-2013 - 8:56pm
springfever2013 wrote:
<p style="font-size:13px">Many people travel that far for work. </strong></p><p style="font-size:13px"> </p>

Except I didn't ask who drives that far for work. I asked you specifically who on this LIST drives that far for conveniences. Who drives that far for conveniences, not work.

Don't think you were on the original conversation

springfever2013 wrote:
<p style="font-size:13px">My point is that I have many conveniences quite close. I know many others don't and do have to travel. Maybe not THAT far but maybe into the next town or 2. </p>

"the next town or two" is meaningless as a form of measuring distance.  When I lived in the condo,it was addressed to one town. I routinely drove to "the next town over" for groceries and other stores, but not a single one of those stores was further away than 2 miles from my house.  Lack of sidewalks and crossing a major highway were the barriers to easy walk-ability. But now that I live in another town, my shopping is no further away, it's simply in the same town and I don't have to cross a major commuter route if I want to walk there.  My walkability remains the same, but now, suddenly per your ridiculous "definition" they're closer? 

Nope, it all depends on where you live. Many people live very far away from stores.

springfever2013 wrote:
<p style="font-size:13px">2 years?</strong></p><p style="font-size:13px">

2 years.  Maybe 3 if you're really stretching the definition AND if you actually expect anyone to believe you had a free car for a year before you spent thread after thread bragging about it. But otherwise?  2 years.  I know because you started in with creating threads just so you could brag about your Highlander seating 8 at around the same time I was researching my crossover and I bought it in the fall of 2011.  In fact it was all your incessant misrepresentation of the highlander that led me to look into them closer and then dismiss them as a good option.  So yeah.  2 years.

6 + years and it only seats 5. Smile

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-22-2013
Mon, 06-10-2013 - 8:45pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<p style="font-size:13px">Many people travel that far for work. </strong></p><p style="font-size:13px"> </p>
Except I didn't ask who drives that far for work. I asked you specifically who on this LIST drives that far for conveniences. Who drives that far for conveniences, not work.
springfever2013 wrote:
<p style="font-size:13px">My point is that I have many conveniences quite close. I know many others don't and do have to travel. Maybe not THAT far but maybe into the next town or 2. </p>
"the next town or two" is meaningless as a form of measuring distance.  When I lived in the condo,it was addressed to one town. I routinely drove to "the next town over" for groceries and other stores, but not a single one of those stores was further away than 2 miles from my house.  Lack of sidewalks and crossing a major highway were the barriers to easy walk-ability. But now that I live in another town, my shopping is no further away, it's simply in the same town and I don't have to cross a major commuter route if I want to walk there.  My walkability remains the same, but now, suddenly per your ridiculous "definition" they're closer? 
springfever2013 wrote:
<p style="font-size:13px">2 years?</strong></p><p style="font-size:13px">

2 years.  Maybe 3 if you're really stretching the definition AND if you actually expect anyone to believe you had a free car for a year before you spent thread after thread bragging about it. But otherwise?  2 years.  I know because you started in with creating threads just so you could brag about your Highlander seating 8 at around the same time I was researching my crossover and I bought it in the fall of 2011.  In fact it was all your incessant misrepresentation of the highlander that led me to look into them closer and then dismiss them as a good option.  So yeah.  2 years.

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Mon, 06-10-2013 - 7:58pm

Who, specifically, drives an hour and a half, one way, for "conveniences"?

Many people travel that far for work. My point is that I have many conveniences quite close. I know many others don't and do have to travel. Maybe not THAT far but maybe into the next town or 2. 

Your car is used, it was given to you for free, so how could we possibly tell if your mileage on it in the past 2 years is low or high? 

2 years?

For all we know when you got it, it had 25K miles on it when you got it for free, and you've just driven the thing into the ground in the past 2 years.

2 years? And no, the car is very well taken care of. 

 

iVillage Member
Registered: 05-31-2011
Mon, 06-10-2013 - 7:22pm

bordwithyou wrote:
Can Muggles use floo powder? That might explain it.

Not anymore. Muggles' green bean fell off when the microwave exploded last November, don't you remember? But if you flash a blacklight onto the cement blocks, you'll likely spot the mites that live off the dust that compiles from the hippo's eyelids. Plus, bleach. It seems there is a romantic trashcan elevator, afterall. 

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Mon, 06-10-2013 - 6:32pm
Can Muggles use floo powder? That might explain it.
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-22-2013
Mon, 06-10-2013 - 5:13pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">On a regular basis? Nope.... Well, I guess if you are using your dh's car and not yours, that would explain a lot.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Nope. I don't drive a stick. </span></strong></p>

How very shortsighted of you.

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-22-2013
Mon, 06-10-2013 - 5:12pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Yes as I have explained to PKA that many things are close to my home, some even enough to walk to. I have explained numerous times how I think an hour and a half ride is FAR to the point of something I would not want to do everyday (while some do) and that I don't need to travel that far for conveniences. That does NOT mean that I do NOT go that far or to places outside of my close "area" for things. Not sure why anyone would think I would limit myself to just the things in my town (or whatever everyone is considering my "area" since no one wants to take the chance and explain their idea of that).</span></span></strong></p>

Who, specifically, drives an hour and a half, one way, for "conveniences"? This is your specific quote above, which I have highlighted for you as you consistently demonstrate an inability to reread your own posts.  Who specifically, does this?  And if this isn't someone on this thread, then who among us is supposed to give a rat's butt if others do?

For that matter, who among us is supposed to care what mileage your car has?  Your car is used, it was given to you for free, so how could we possibly tell if your mileage on it in the past 2 years is low or high?  For all we know when you got it, it had 25K miles on it when you got it for free, and you've just driven the thing into the ground in the past 2 years. But whether you have or not, again why are we supposed to care?  So what if you live close to work or use that small distance to claim you make huge sacrifices or some bullcrap or other? 

Is it truly your belief that we just squirm with envy over your life or something?   Or does it truly bother you so much that we don't?  Why, seriously, why would you expect any of us to WANT your life? I can't even begin to fathom the narcissism that is necessary to think that any one here, you included, would expect that from others. 

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Mon, 06-10-2013 - 4:56pm

springfever2013 wrote:
<blockquote><div style="font-weight:bold"><em>springfever2013</em> wrote:</div>&lt;p&gt;&lt;strong&gt;I have no idea why you keep fighting something that is not a big deal.&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Why do you continue then if you feel this way? &lt;/p&gt;</blockquote><p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left"></p><p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Um, I'm not the one that is fighting and making it a big deal.  :)</p><p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left"><strong>I am not fighting on it. I know what I said and what I do. Your trying to prove that I do nothing and go no place have failed so thanks, but I think we are done as there is nothing else to say. Have a lovely afternoon. </strong></p>

I'm not trying to prove that, clearly you have not read this thread carefully. I never said you did nothing and don't go any place, quite the opposite.  However, your comments state that you don't travel except once a year, you do not drive very far to anything you need, your family is close and so are your friends.  Your work is close and so forth....but yet you claim to reguarly leave the area, you just haven't explained how or why.  I guess it doesn't happen, since you can't explain.  :)

I'm having a lovely afternoon, thank you.  :)

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-05-2007
Mon, 06-10-2013 - 4:19pm
Funny. She has nothing to prove. Again, YOU are the one who made a big deal out of everyng (friends, family, shopping, entertainment.....) being so close that you have super low mileage on your car. YOU are the one who made a big deal out about only goin one big vacay a year, and flying... again, low mileage on your car. YOU are the one who implied that you don't get out of your area very much. The rest of us are just going my what YOU typed here.

*********

Ducky

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2013
Mon, 06-10-2013 - 3:01pm
springfever2013 wrote:
<p><strong>I have no idea why you keep fighting something that is not a big deal.</strong></p><p>Why do you continue then if you feel this way? </p>

Um, I'm not the one that is fighting and making it a big deal.  :)

I am not fighting on it. I know what I said and what I do. Your trying to prove that I do nothing and go no place have failed so thanks, but I think we are done as there is nothing else to say. Have a lovely afternoon. 

Pages