Two more weeks

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-22-2009
Two more weeks
239
Wed, 12-11-2013 - 5:59am

Do you decorate outside?

Are you hosting or going somewhere this year?

Big group or small one?

How is shopping going?

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Wed, 12-11-2013 - 2:37pm

turrrkeeyday wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Why wouldn't I ask Jambles where she lived first?  Hey, she looked up where I lived, or relied on someone else to do it for her.  It's more efficient to look it up myself.  As for what I "made it sound like," good heavens, no.  That's what you inferred.  That's on you, not me.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Why wouldn't you just ask HER if it was ok to contribute? You said you WANTED to do it anonymously and the charity did not do that. SO.....you NEVER wanted her to know. </span></strong></p>

Why would I ask someone if it was OK to contribute to a charity when that person has put up a public website ASKING PEOPLE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THAT CHARITY????   That makes no sense.


iVillage Member
Registered: 12-11-2013
Wed, 12-11-2013 - 2:37pm

You are perfectly free to donate any amount you like to a charity of your own choosing in honor of anyone. There is nothing sinister about it.   If you want to donate to a worthy cause in honor of me or my children, well.....I'd be honored.

So now it would be ok if others researched your children?

Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Wed, 12-11-2013 - 2:38pm

turrrkeeyday wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Why wouldn't I ask Jambles where she lived first?  Hey, she looked up where I lived, or relied on someone else to do it for her.  It's more efficient to look it up myself.  As for what I "made it sound like," good heavens, no.  That's what you inferred.  That's on you, not me.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Why wouldn't you just ask HER if it was ok to contribute? You said you WANTED to do it anonymously and the charity did not do that. SO.....you NEVER wanted her to know. </span></strong></p>

Since when does one need anyone else's permission to contribute to a charity?

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-11-2013
Wed, 12-11-2013 - 2:39pm

Nothing. But because of how FB works, it's very easy to know the names of people's children without stalking or research. Someone who is active on FB wouldn't have to go FIND a person's child's name.

Not if their account is closed. Unless you WENT to go look for it through friends of friends. 


iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Wed, 12-11-2013 - 2:40pm

turrrkeeyday wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">You are perfectly free to donate any amount you like to a charity of your own choosing in honor of anyone. </span><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">There is nothing sinister about it.   If you want to donate to a worthy cause in honor of me or my children, well.....I'd be honored.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">So now it would be ok if others researched your children?</span></strong></p>

What do you mean "researched?"  If it means a quick lookup on the internet to make sure their names are spelled correctly  (assuming you know their names because you've seen me use them many times), sure.  Or if you look up me and find them (which you might, really), sure.

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-11-2013
Wed, 12-11-2013 - 2:40pm

No, as I never even wanted this to be a public matter in the first place.  It wasn't a lot of money, as I said, a spur of the moment donation pretty much equivalent to putting money in a Salvation Army kettle.

So why is your amount LESS than what Savcal inputed? 

Avatar for jamblessedthree
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2001
Wed, 12-11-2013 - 2:40pm

turrrkeeyday wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">You are perfectly free to donate any amount you like to a charity of your own choosing in honor of anyone. </span><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">There is nothing sinister about it.   If you want to donate to a worthy cause in honor of me or my children, well.....I'd be honored.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">So now it would be ok if others researched your children?</span></strong></p>

on your mark, get set...  Tongue Out

 


 


iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2009
Wed, 12-11-2013 - 2:41pm

turrrkeeyday wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">No, as I never even wanted this to be a public matter in the first place.  It wasn't a lot of money, as I said, a spur of the moment donation pretty much equivalent to putting money in a Salvation Army kettle.</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">So why is your donation LESS than what Savcal inputed? </span></strong></p>

Because SavCal was using a for instance, and so are you, because neither one of you seems to know the amount.  I didn't say it was less, more, or exact.  I can't see as how it's any of your business in any case.

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-11-2013
Wed, 12-11-2013 - 2:41pm

"Maybe because they didn't want them to know, since they specifically have said they asked the charity to say it was anonymous so they could just write it off at the end of the year." You realize that makes no sense whatsoever, right?

You asked them to make your donation anonymous. Why so? 

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-01-2002
Wed, 12-11-2013 - 2:43pm

bordwithyou wrote:
<p>Lemme get this straight.  You  put  up a website asking people to donate to your cause, Jamblessed, and now you're upset because someone on the web donated to your cause?  Reminds me of some of the kids here: http://www.reasonsmysoniscrying.com</p>

Bord, are you saying Jams put up a link to a websited for people here to donate to her cause??  On this board?  Or is it another board?

Because, I have not seen that link.  Please tell me where **on iVillage** you claim Jamblessed posted this link.

TIA.

Pages