Wednesday Worries

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-15-2013
Wednesday Worries
916
Wed, 10-02-2013 - 11:27am

1. What is one thing that worries you right now?

2. Does the weather by you think it is fall/winter/spring or summer?

3. How is your calendar for October? Slow, medium, busy?

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-01-2002
Thu, 10-03-2013 - 1:37pm

mortyswife wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">But today, doing the drop-off/pick-up is fun, fun, fun. </span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">AND...it doesn't make you busy. Didn't know you could actually do this while just sitting on your couch at home in your pajamas. lol. </span></strong></p>

Exactly.  Either she's trying for the Woman of the Year medal or she didn't read your posting of the dictionary definition of "busy." 

If it will make an unhappy boardie suddenly happy, I'll gladly give her the Woman of the Year medal.

Toothpaste medal award ceremony prank

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Thu, 10-03-2013 - 1:40pm

mortyswife wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left"><strong>I don't know what I did 'exactly"</strong> but I don't stay at rehearsals-- I do stay at performances.. and I certainly won't stay at homecoming... honestly though my work and rehearsal schedule is the busiest of our household right now.. it's momma's turn!</span></p><p style="text-align:left"><strong><span style="font-size:x-small"><span>Oh, you just proved a point. The physical driving and dropping off/picking up a child DOES make you a busy person. I was told that was just not true yesterday. Thanks :)</span></span></strong></p>

Well no...because that wasn't the point. The point was a single drop off for the psat test wouldn't make some of us think we were busy  that month.  I also said the normal everyday routine of pickup/drop off wouldn't make *me* busy becuase that would be the normal routine...and a single solitary once in year additional drop off/pickup wouldn't make my month suddenly *busy*.  You know, especially if one spent 1000+s of posts announcing how close everything was to them and they hardly put any miles on their car and so on and so forth....yada yada yada.

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-15-2013
Thu, 10-03-2013 - 1:40pm

No one said being busy is a competition. I simply stated at the beginning of this thread the things that are on my calendar for this month. I was then told that doing a drop off/pick up from a test is NOT being busy. 

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Thu, 10-03-2013 - 1:42pm

mortyswife wrote:
<p><span style="font-size:13px; text-align:left">Actually, no. I stated that I believe ONE additional pickup/dropoff doesn't make for "busy".  multiple ones? Especially multiple ones that are out of the norm?  That could make for "busy".</span></p><p style="text-align:left"><strong><span style="font-size:x-small"><span>So if someone asked you if you were "busy" today (and you had to pick up or drop your child off at a certain time) you would say no? What if they asked if you could get together at the same time? Wouldn't you consider that being busy at that time? </span></span></strong></p>

I would say no picking up/dropping of my kids is pretty routine and doens't busy up my schedule. Plus pickup/dropoff locations are fairly close so it wouldn't take much time....now if they were far away, like they had an away game that was 30 minutes each way, then it would be difficult.  If a friend wanted to meet during that time, I would ask my dh to pick up the kids.  Both of us pickup/drop off kids, not just me.  :)

PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-15-2013
Thu, 10-03-2013 - 1:43pm

Double Post

Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Thu, 10-03-2013 - 1:43pm

mortyswife wrote:
Context. </strong></p><p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left"><strong>No, not really. Being busy is having something to do, whatever it might be. I don't consider being "busy" something that basically puts you "over the edge" with your day. This is really not a competition of who is busier than someone else. Almost everyone, especially parents, IME are busy. No matter if they only have 1 or 2 things to do in their day or 20. If they are not busy, they would be doing NOTHING at all. </strong></p><p style="font-size:13px; text-align:left"></p>

Your last sentence is exactly why context matters.  Because if, as you say, you're busy anytime you're doing nothing at all, then a very minute percentage of the population coulud every answer the question "Are you busy" with the answer of "no".  So, if virtually all the answers will be yes, why ask the question?    However, if you expect context to be considered, then asking the question is more valid, because there will be variety in the answers.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-1998
Thu, 10-03-2013 - 1:45pm

<<I know, it's impossible to follow.  Last week, my enjoying watching my children's activities was bad.  But today, doing the drop-off/pick-up is fun, fun, fun. >>

You are making things up again thardy....so funny.



PumpkinAngel

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-15-2013
Thu, 10-03-2013 - 1:45pm

Well no...because that wasn't the point. The point was a single drop off for the psat test wouldn't make some of us think we were busy  that month.

And neither did I. It was ONE of the things on my list for the month. 

I also said the normal everyday routine of pickup/drop off wouldn't make *me* busy becuase that would be the normal routine..

You are still busy doing that.

.and a single solitary once in year additional drop off/pickup wouldn't make my month suddenly *busy*.

Again, never said that. It was a list of ALL things for the month.

You know, especially if one spent 1000+s of posts announcing how close everything was to them and they hardly put any miles on their car and so on and so forth....yada yada yada.

I just did a good job of choosing a great area to live in that is close to everything. Having kids still make me busy no matter how close their schools or activities are though. 

Avatar for savcal2011
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Thu, 10-03-2013 - 1:45pm

mortyswife wrote:
<p>No one said being busy is a competition. I simply stated at the beginning of this thread the things that are on my calendar for this month. I was then told that doing a drop off/pick up from a test is NOT being busy. </p>

i stand by that statement.  I do not consider a single additional dropoff/pickup to make "my" month busy.

"I don’t mind a banshee, that’s fine. 2 banshees? I HATE you. I actually wish bad things upon you." -- Day[9] Daily #459 P1

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-15-2013
Thu, 10-03-2013 - 1:46pm

Your last sentence is exactly why context matters.  Because if, as you say, you're busy anytime you're doing nothing at all, then a very minute percentage of the population coulud every answer the question "Are you busy" with the answer of "no". 

Where did I say that? 

So, if virtually all the answers will be yes, why ask the question?    However, if you expect context to be considered, then asking the question is more valid, because there will be variety in the answers.

You don't know if someone is busy that day or those times of the day unless you ask. 

Pages