delaying vaccinations & Dr.'s reaction..
Find a Conversation
|Thu, 05-29-2008 - 7:17pm|
i am expecting a son in early July.
after reading Dr. Sears' book & taking extensive notes from it so that DH & i could make a decision regarding vaccinations we have decided that we would like to do a "delayed vaccination schedule" for most & skip a select few & separate the MMR vaccine into 3 diff. vaccinations.
today while at our ped. for DD i found out that our pediatrician was unavailable (she is out for an unknown -but long- amount of time due to an illness). so i spoke w/the other dr. in the practice. i told her about our wishes concerning the above. she told me that over 1/2 of her patients are deciding to go that way so of course she would accommodate or she would lose half of her patients.
BUT...then seemed uncooperative about all the issues i brought up...like being very against the Hep B vaccine at birth (no need in our family), the autism link (she disagreed that it had anything to do w/vaccines) & giving the Measles, Mumps & Rubella shots separately (her words were "why would you want to give your child 3 different shots instead of one?")...
we didn't come to these conclusions before researching it & this is what we feel comfortable with...now i don't know if her "partner" would have been any different w/her opinions but it looks like i won't be finding out any time soon either.
i guess my question is should we just stick it out at this practice or find one that's more accommodating & doesn't make us feel like we're silly for making these decisions?
she wasn't really rude about it, just flippant.
anyone else experienced this type of reaction yet had no problems or resistance down the road???