Glenn Beck Tonight (10/08)

iVillage Member
Glenn Beck Tonight (10/08)
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 2:21pm

I was watching Fox News earlier and a commercial came on saying Glenn Beck was going to talk about the H1N1 vaccine tonight.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 12:09am

What's even crazier is that they mix drugs and give no thoughts at all to if doing so may be dangerous. Hey, this doc gave me this a year ago, and this one gave me this last week...they wouldn't have given it to me if it was dangerous to take with my other drug. UGH!

Doctors are not pharmacist, I learned that one a long time ago. They have almost no training in pharmaceuticals at all, and at the rate that new drugs come out - plus all the old ones - who can keep up with it? I would think its a daily task for the pharmacists to learn about the latest and greatest but do they educate on a constant and continual basis? That's the only way they could possibly keep up with it all.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 12:15am

You might be surprised at the number of people who "demand" sleep aids .. and are not satisfied with 25 mg of benadryl.

Not saying its good or bad either way.. just what i see.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Fall blinkie Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 12:45am
I was more looking at it from the perspective of someone that has not given much thought to vaccinations at all, not pulling from my own knowledge base.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 12:49am

<>

Pharmacists do .. yes. They have to or else they'd be lost! :) I actually just went to a whole continuing ed program on newly approved FDA drugs ... it was very interesting .. and a little insight into how wasteful drug companies are.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Fall blinkie Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 12:50am
My former GP kept a PDA and just punched in the med and it spit out the interactions and he made decisions that way.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 12:59am

benadryl has the opposite effect on me. I get all wired and jittery.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 1:50pm

Yes, Lou Dobbs.

I think it's a tough balance in trying to determine really what he is.... only because he seems to really admire the founding fathers and the constitution - and both parties are leaning against it, although the dems by far outpace shredding it than the repubs, but, both are equally guilty, so it's really hard to say. I used to consider myself a repub, until the last 4 years of Bush, now I'm really not sure what the hell I am, LOL.... I guess I'm just me.

Rands

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 1:53pm
Fully agree!

Rands

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-10-2009 - 12:31pm
Oh I know it. My daughter's gymnastics coach died the same way. I'm not sure if alcohol or other drugs played a role but I do know that she took sleeping pills as prescribed and didn't wake up the next morning. It was so sad! This lady was young and very active.
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-10-2009 - 12:39pm

"I never have high expectations when it comes to vaccination debates on TV so anything that exposes the truth is good to me."

Yes, looking at from that angle, you're right. After dropping the negative attitude for a little while, I can totally agree. The only problem with people looking for data is that the easy to find data is all pro-vax and most of the good data is hard to find unless you know what you're looking for. Plus, I'm almost positive that the pharma-mafia has the search engines manned 24/7. It's not difficult to manipulate search engines if you know what you're doing and keep at it. And who else has that kind of money besides the pharmaceutical industry, ya know?