I am not vaccinating my children beca...

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-06-2009
I am not vaccinating my children beca...
13
Mon, 11-09-2009 - 2:54pm

I am not vaccinating my children because...



  • Both Parents decided not to vaccinate
  • One parent decided not to vaccinate
  • Our pediatrician (MD) told us not to vaccinate
  • Our Chiropractor (DC) told us not to vaccinate
  • Other practitioner told us not to vaccinate
  • I had vaccinated but stopped


You will be able to change your vote.


Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-16-2009
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 2:04am

I chose both parents but where is your "other" option?


My child's doctor (M.D.) agreed that it was best to at the very least be selective about the vaccinations we chose for our child based on

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-06-2009
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 9:05am

The other was the ability to post detail about your decision.

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-22-2005
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 9:30am
DH = Dear (or Darn) Husband
DS = Dear Son
DD = Dear Daughter
ODS/YDS - Older Dear Son/Younger Dear Son
LOL = laughing out loud
KWIM = Know what I mean
HTH = Hope that helps
YMMV = Your miles may vary
IMO/IME = In My Opinion/Experience










Photobucket




iVillage Member
Registered: 11-06-2009
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 11:05am

Aha!!


I guess I should wonder if it's darn or dear - I know which one I would be!


iVillage Member
Registered: 12-14-2005
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 3:21pm

We did vaccinate until 18 months of age on a very aggressive schedule because I carry Hep B and our DD experience primary vaccine failure to the pediatric versions of Energix-B and Twinrix. She also had siezures after her vaccination uncovered from a years worth of tracking, the incidences all peaked immediately after vaccination (we thought she had epilepsy but the testing came back negative). Leading our Dr to say we need to stop vaccinating her and then us doing some of our own research.

If we had another child, we don't plan to, we would never vaccinate again. My husband was always 100% against vaccination. So both parents agree now.

Irony of it all, we saw a hepatoligist eventually who said pregnant mothers should have Hep DNA tests run to check for replicating virus that only if there is replicating virus can a Mother pass it at birth. Guess what? I have no replicating virus.






iVillage Member
Registered: 12-14-2005
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 3:22pm

"I guess I should wonder if it's darn or dear - I know which one I would be!"

Hahahah - It depends on the day :)

And welcome to the board!






iVillage Member
Registered: 11-06-2009
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 4:39pm
Sounds like you made an informed decision in concert with you PCP.
iVillage Member
Registered: 12-14-2005
Wed, 11-11-2009 - 9:54am
Yes, she is doing great. The seizures stopped when vaccinations stopped and there is no damage.





iVillage Member
Registered: 12-30-2006
Wed, 11-11-2009 - 11:08am

I chose "both parents". DH and I had many long talks about the benefits and risks of vaccination prior to even becoming pregnant, and decided together that we feel the risks outweigh the benefits.

I don't mean to be sensitive, but I do take exception to the choice "My DC told me not to". As a chiropractor I would never, and have never, told my patients what to do. I offer advice and opinion based upon my education, but NEVER tell them what to do. Their health care choices are not my decision, and I don't have the right to try to make people do anything (this is part of our education- the freedom of health care decisions- so most chiropractors won't "tell" you what to do).

As far as vaccination goes, if asked I will tell my patients, and anyone else for that matter, about our decisions and how we reached them. I will also strongly advise them to do their own research and decide for themselves and their families.

Whether or not to vaccinate is a very personal decision, and one that should be made after research, not just blindly following someones advice, whether that person be MD, DC, DO, or any other earned initials!

--Wendy

PS- I can see the value of an MD "tell" a parent NOT to vaccinate a child based upon previous reactions or a family history of reactions. That said, the family still has the power to find a pediatrician who will vaccinate despite these warning signs if they feel that strongly about vaccination. Just as a family whose pediatrician is trying to force them to vaccinate can try to find one to support them not vaccinating. I must say that I know the latter is hard to find, and assume the former to be also.

--Wendy
iVillage Member
Registered: 11-06-2009
Wed, 11-11-2009 - 5:17pm

Hooray!


What Chiro org do you belong to?

Pages