I simply cannot decide- do I vaccinate my girls or not? (seizures, autism, delays)

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-06-2009
I simply cannot decide- do I vaccinate my girls or not? (seizures, autism, delays)
3
Mon, 11-22-2010 - 2:33pm

My oldest is fully vaccinated.

Community Leader
Registered: 10-01-2010

welcome

Welcome to the debate board. It's wonderful to see you posting here and I hope that you will stick around and post more often.

My oldest had severe reactions to his shots (convulsions, high-pitched screaming, high fever, collapse), and what we were told was that if one child has a reaction, there is a strong possibility that siblings will as well. My middle son had no reaction. However, due to my youngest extreme allergies we decided not to vaccinate him at all.

My oldest had a son who also had a severe reaction, he stopped breathing and now has a legal document that he cannot be vaccinated.

I just came across a great article that I posted in the Articles and News folder - it has some great links to help you with your decision.

The two that stand out for me in your case are:

"Make sure your child does not have a contraindication to vaccines

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-30-2010

Since there is a history of sensitivity in vaccinations I would not, personally. You need to make an educated decision and inform yourself... weight the pros and cons and figure out what is best for your children. Trust your instincts. Also, are they eating healthy, getting lots of rest and plenty of sunshine? Is there immune system healthy? You need to allow their immune system to develop naturally through exposure (nose and mouth).

Community Leader
Registered: 10-01-2010

~~Since there is a history of sensitivity in vaccinations I would not, personally.~~

Hi Sunshines! That's what I was thinking - if it was my child, I would not take the chance with that history. But of course mom needs to do her own research and decide for herself what's best for her family.