Need input on delayed vaccinations
Find a Conversation
|Thu, 05-22-2008 - 3:04pm|
Let me start by saying I do not like debates and I have feared posting this for it turning into a debate. I know this is a debate board but I wasn't sure where else to go for information. I am hoping you all will (as I'm sure you will) respect my personal choice, situation and just give me info and not make me run away and cry! LOL See I am a wus and hate debate and am a sensitive little flower. Ok really I don't think anyone will be mean but I know debates can get heated.
Here is a little background...
My son Zachary is 6 months old and at 5wks he was hospitalized for FTT and we were faced with a possible diagnosis of JMML...a RARE chronic infant lukemia. Z is a medical marvel/miracle and after several rounds of testing, a bone marrow drive, more testing and procedures, we still don't know if it was a "fluke" or what. Something was wrong w/him and may still be but for now, he is stable. Because of him facing a possible bone marrow transplant he was not vaccinated. I have not gotten the OK to have him vaccinated just yet. His oncologist has suggested we wait. I am fine with that because we are so unsure of his future still. My question is, when we get the okay to vaccinate him do we let them do it all at once or is there a "delayed" schedule we can use? I see his pediatrician on the 2nd and will discuss this with her, I trust her but I am also my baby's only advocate and want to do some research on this. He will be vaccinated because we want him too but I just want to make sure we do it the best way we can for him.
Thank you all for listening to me and sharing any info you may have.