Truth comes out: 2009 H1N1 flu pandemic 'deaths' of children caused by MRSA

Community Leader
Truth comes out: 2009 H1N1 flu pandemic 'deaths' of children caused by MRSA
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 9:27am
Truth comes out: 2009 H1N1 flu pandemic 'deaths' of children were actually caused by MRSA

Remember two years ago when every news show featured hysterical reports about the so-called H1N1 pandemic and how the supposed killer flu was striking down healthy kids? True, many previously healthy children became critically ill, developing severe pneumonia and respiratory failure. And some tragically died after being diagnosed with H1N1. But was that really the accurate explanation of what caused their death?

iVillage Member
as a CTICU nurse i can only agree partly with this. we saw the brunt of the most seriously ill H1N1 cases including children. Many many of the people in the general population are colonized in their nares with MRSA. its not always an active infection and most likely isnt. I have never, and i mean never seen an active MRSA infection in the lungs and i work with immuno suppressed patients every day. i find it seriously unlikely MRSA had a big part, if any in these deaths. H1N1 is dangerous and more serious than even the news made it out to be. I get sick everytime i hear a pregnant woman say she doesnt plan to get a flu shot, i watched so many women and children die FROM H1N1
iVillage Member
Oh look, there's a surprise. Hospitals caused the illness.