definitely #3 for me

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-26-2008
definitely #3 for me
4
Sat, 03-06-2010 - 5:23pm

I met with my last hope for a VBAC on Friday, and he shot me down. I completely agree with his reasoning, but I'm still a little bit sad...

Things he is doing differently than my previous dr make me feel much better though. For one thing, he will not deliver me before 39 weeks (he said he actually prefers for women to go into labor on their own so he knows baby is done baking. He tries to hold off until they are as close to 40 weeks as they can get). My previous dr did them at 38 +...

also, bc of my hx, he is ordering an Amnio when I reach 39 weeks (not an early one..one at the VERY end) so we will know for sure if baby will have mature lungs. So unless I go into labor before then, my c-section will be after those tests...


Sarah
Wife to Kevin
Step-mom to Justin (11)
Mom to twins Grace and Isabelle (3)and Boyd (21months)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 05-15-2009
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 2:06pm

Hi, Sarah-


I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for about a VBAC.

 

reena050809.jpg 0809 picture by reena102

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-26-2008
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 7:15pm

My biggest concern is the health of the baby, but he's willing to go overboard to ensure the baby is fine. He's going to do an amnio at 39 weeks and then only schedule c-section if it comes back with the dx of mature lungs. He's perfectly okay with waiting until I hit 40-41 weeks if it's necessary.

It certainly is a lot more convenient...


Sarah
Wife to Kevin
Step-mom to Justin (11)
Mom to twins Grace and Isabelle (3)and Boyd (21months)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-18-2009
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 4:19pm

Sarah - I'm glad that you found a doctor that will is so understanding of your history and that is willing to work with you. Bummer that you couldn't do a VBAC. I hope that baby's lungs are well developed at 39 weeks and that all is well.


My last DD was in the NICU for a week - we sectioned at 39 weeks - and she had a lot of unexplained breathing difficulty. My doctor was really good and said that with the next one she'd let me go all the way into labor if that's what I wanted to do as long as I came straight to the hospital (I've had 3 prior Cs)...


Please keep us posted...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-26-2008
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 4:43pm
Not til August 22nd...I've been "doctor shopping/midwife shopping" early on because I wanted someone early on...I just moved to where we live in October, so I was operating blindly up here...

Sarah
Wife to Kevin
Step-mom to Justin (11)
Mom to twins Grace and Isabelle (3)and Boyd (21months)
Photobucket