FUN FRIDAY~11/18 What is your mom style?

iVillage Member
FUN FRIDAY~11/18 What is your mom style?
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 10:36am

I thought it would be fun to describe what type of parenting style you think best describes you?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 9:25pm
I'm much like you, Manda. Very much attachment in the beginning. But, I wouldn't say full on crunchy, though I do breastfeed, co-sleep, and babywear; because I don't use cloth diapers and I don't make my own baby food and I send my kids to the public school system.

When they get older, I am the softer of the two disciplinary-wise, but I take and take and take until I BLOW. And I don't like that about me. I am the one who is much more organized in my discipline style though than my dh. He just decides spur of the moment what kind of punishment he's dishing out, and usually never follows through on the longterm punishment things (like groundings). But, I have a clear methodology to my system, and do my best to stay consistent with it.

However, even as they've gotten older, I still find myself "too attached" sometimes. Maybe even a "helicopter" parent. I don't let them stay away from me any more than I absolutely have to. I don't let them do some things that they may actually be old enough and big enough to do for fear they will get hurt, and I still try to shield them from some harsh realities of life. It's getting harder by day though, I tell you.

Right now, I'm terribly concerned about the emotional well-being of both of my school-aged children because I hear so much about these young kids committing suicide over bullying that takes place at school without the parents even knowing it's going on. And heaven help me when they are big enough to drive a car!! Oh my gosh!! I will never survive it!! LOL

Taking care of babies and toddlers is rough physically, but I cherish these days with my little two cause I know that it really does get so much harder to parent mentally as they get older!! EEK!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 6:34pm

I'd say we're a mix of attachment and

Manda :)